barbarhow Guest

Default A multitude of bitches.....

Bad enough that I had to go back to work yesterday with DS still sick but then I get to hear about my a.h. boss who apparently made a not so nice statement about my absences due to DS being sick. Gee. He's a psychiatrist. I guess he has used up all of his empathy.
    Then I forgot to go and get my TB test and have my other supervisor breathing down my neck about that.
    Then I wake up at 4 am and realize that all of that precious 12 ounces of EBM that I pumped yesterday at work was still sitting in my work bag. Ugh. Something about work just isn't doing it for me lately.
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: A multitude of bitches.....

Oh Barbara. As if things aren't bad enough to have to lose all that EBM. I can remember spilling some of mine once and it was the worst feeling in the world. Hugs!

How was Jack's appointment with the ped yesterday?

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

barbarhow Guest

Thanks for asking-I posted an update-his xray was negative so at least the pneumonia has cleared but he still has a fever. Yesterday afternoon it was 102. He is still fairly miserable. He kind of moans in his sleep. It is so sad. The only thing that keeps him from fussing is his baby newton dvd. I have sort of given in to it. It makes him giggle which is the only time he has in days. At least it distracts him some which DH and I can't seem to do. None of our tricks work-so the video it is.
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

amp Guest

Oh Barbara - Sounds like you've been having a rough go of it. Hope that Jack is feeling better and that you get a break from all the crud you've been dealing with. Hugs to you both!

mik8 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Barbara

Sorry you have to endure workplaces that are not empathetic towards family. As if your boss doesn't have a family! Maybe he doesn't, but it really is very upsetting if you have a boss like that. Oh, and I'm so right there with you about those employee mandatories. It's like that's all you have to remember. I understand all about the HIPAA regulations and concerns but sometimes you just can't do it all. It feels like you're being punished for tending to your family.
    Regarding Jack, could it be possible that your area may potentially have a higher resistance rate to infection and so that's why he's not responsive to abx? That's known in certain geographic locations.
    I just hope you both for the best really. You've been through a lot.

parkersmama Guest

When it rains, it pours! I hope that you're all feeling a bit better. Losing bmilk is heartbreaking! I've always described it as "liquid gold". Actually, I think it might be worth more! I hope that your boss(es) get their drawers out of a wad and start acting human. Geez. You are doing the best you can with a sick child and little sleep!

pritchettzoo Guest

What twerps! And sorry about your EBM. And I hope Jack feels better soon!

I have to say that your title made me laugh. I was expecting to read about several evil women! Heehee.

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

I hope things get better!!!!! Sorry it's been so crappy for you and Jack lately.

HUGS!
    Mom to R and R