trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Why do my seedless grapes have seeds?!

Okay, I know this is stupid, but I get so frustrated every time I buy red grapes. The little sign at the store says "Seedless Grapes". The bag they come in says "Seedless Grapes". Why is it that every grape has three giganto seeds in it?!

Grrrr....

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

lisa56308 Guest

Default RE: Why do my seedless grapes have seeds?!

We have had this problem with the red and green grapes. Everything says seedless and I'm cutting out seeds! We even tried 2 different stores and both had seeds. Needless to say we haven't bought any in about a month. Tyler doesn't like to wait 15 minutes for me to cut up his grapes AND scrape the seeds out!
    Lisa
    Jacob 6/95
    Tyler 10/03

Same exact thing happened with our grapes yesterday. And I bought TWO pounds of them. Grrrrr!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Take them back to the store. They'll usually take it back - you have a good reason. Are you buying the big red grapes? Those big ones always have seeds in it.

Now you're making me question my grapes. I don't even think to look for seedless ones. I wonder what type is hiding in my fridge now! :)

Caroline
    mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That happened to us recently, and now DS1 refuses to eat grapes because they have "beans" in them!! My kid is already picky, why must they ruin this healthy part of his diet for him!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I've noticed this too lately. But am I a bad mom because I just give them to her anyway and so far she hasn't noticed? And the "seeds" are still way smaller than the ones in seeded grapes (which I have bought on occasion by accident).
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Yup, it's the big red ones. In the winter there's a kind called Red Holiday Globes, or something like that, that are HUGE, but don't have seeds. I keep hoping to find a variety during the rest of the year like that.

Like Marisa, I bought 2 pounds. But when weighing the prospect of scraping seeds out of two pounds of grapes vs. hauling two kids into a grocery store to return them, well, it's kind of a no-brainer. I'll just talk to the produce manager next time I can ditch the kids and go alone.

Jeanne

Exactly! The only fruits Truman will eat are grapes and apples. I HATE that one of the two have been wiped from the list!

Jeanne

Keep them in the fridge for when you do go back (eventually you'll have to buy groceries again, won't you?). Even if you have 2 lbs of moldy grapes, you can still take it back. :) They are misrepresenting their products, which I believe is against the law. I think you should request a refund and get free grapes out of it. :) Okay, so it's not worth the trouble. I get it. But I'd be really pissed if my seedless grapes had seeds in it. Grrr.

Caroline
    mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

mommd Guest

Default Me too!!

This is so strange. It's like an epidemic! I get really annoyed too.