Default I just need to vent!

So one of my requrements for my evidence class in law school is that I have to listen in on a trial (taking of testimony). I tried to go once a couple of weeks ago, but the whole thing didn't work out, b/c around 20 minutes after I got there, the fire alarm went off, we had to evacuate and then to make matters worse, I actually fell down the stairs. I haven't had a chance to go since then, b/c I have zero time to go I am in class four days a week, plus I have my kids to get home to. Today I decide to go, I went to the courthouse near my house, and there was absoloutley no trials. Yesterday, when I called, they said there would be, but today, there was nothing going on. I am just so annoyed, I really want to do this already, since the semester is over already, but I just can seem to get it right. One of the clerks told me there will be a trial tomorrow morning (I don't have school b/c of the holida) so hopefully, I will hear a trial. I need some vibes that the parties don't settle!! Ok, off to finish my 25 page paper due next week!

Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04 and Ahuva 6/19/06

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: I just need to vent!

I'm sorry. That osunds really frustrating. Here's to hopeing some people have to be in court all morning tomorrow so you can observe!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ugh. I remember this assignment. Hope you're able to catch a trial tomorrow, and am sending you the good vibes.

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you don't find one, PM me. I used to try cases (now I review pro se habeas petitions in the federal court), and may have some of my old transcripts around that I could fax over. Its not the same as listening, but it can still give you a good perspective, and it helps you understand all the rules better when you see them at work.

Thanks for your offer! I'm hoping that next week after Thanksgiving, the courts are a little busier and something will be going on.
    Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04 and Ahuva 6/19/06

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There are often alot of DUI trials going on, even when everything else is slow, so you may want to try your county division court. But, yeah, week of thanksgiving is s - l - o - w !