Colleen Guest

Default Private Collection Wedding Gowns

Does anyone know if and where I can find a picture of "Private Collection" wedding gowns on the net? I purchased one last night, and I would like a picture of it to show to a few select family members.

StacyRene Guest

Default RE: Private Collection Wedding Gowns

I haven't looked but have you tried bridesave.com , The Knot and the Wedding Channel. Is it really called 'Private Collection' or is that what the bridal salon told you? At Priceless Bridals they tell you it's from a 'private collection' which really could mean anything (they've ripped thelabel out). I have never heard of 'Private Collection', just 'Private Label by G'. Good luck! :)

Muppet Guest

Try asking the store.
    I bought a discontinued gown, so, knowing I wouldn't find a picture in a magazine, I asked the store if they had any catalog or magazine pictures of the dress, and they were happy to oblige.
    OR, since you already bought it, visit the store and ask to take a polaroid of the sample you tried on.

susanj Guest

Bekah Guest

Hey! Come over to the A-L boards if you have a "Private COLLECTION" dress- this is an offshoot of Jacqueline bridals.

Here's what I know about the "Collection" It is a select subset of Jaqueline gowns that are sent to bridal shops but NOT advertised. In fact Jacqueline does not even put thier name inside the dress at all- just the Label "Private Collection" and another tag with the style number size and color.

I too thought that my dress was a Private Label by G dress for about a day untill I double checked the tags- and then confronted my store. After overhearing a heated conversation between sister stores (Involving WHY they let me write down the tag information... It was rather disturbing) I heard one of them slip that they'd "Write down the damn Jacqueline dress and make sure none of the employee's ever made THAT kind of mistake again." I confirmed with the other store undercover that yes, indeed, my dress was the Jacqueline "Private Collection" and not the stores in-house design (Which they were trying to tell me it was)

Private Collection dresses are not available for viewing on the internet. There are no publicity shots of them, and stores apparently take a perverse delight in claiming that these dresses are exclusive.

Which is a blatent, total, and horrible LIE.

My "exclusive" dress was available through a DBS represenative at HALF the cost that the bridal shop was selling it for (They were selling it at 600- My DBS quoted me 302) and it turns out that the RETAIL on these silly dresses is even LOWER than what many stores are selling them at. Retail for my dress was approxametly 370$ But since there is no basis for comparison (As they're not on the internet... as they're feeding brides the line that they're exclusive...) I would have accepted the price at any price they gave me.

The quality- My dress' quality is exceptional. Mine is a 2 piece gown, and the top piece has a built in bra and stays so that you don't have to worry about a bra showing over the neckline. The beating is sewn on and although the satin is poly, it's exceptionally soft and luxuious feeling (I loved the poly better than I liked the natural stuff at the boutique!)

:)

devaboop Guest

Hi my name is Deva and I am getting married next year and the dress that I really love is by "Private Collection". I was wondering if u could help me out? Where did u finally get your dress from for that price? Because my dress is $627 and that is if I buy it right away and if I do a deposit it is $735. Also is all of the "PC" by Jacquelin? Thanks!!:-)

Katyh79 Guest

>I haven't looked but have you tried bridesave.com , The Knot
    >and the Wedding Channel. Is it really called 'Private
    >Collection' or is that what the bridal salon told you? At
    >Priceless Bridals they tell you it's from a 'private
    >collection' which really could mean anything (they've ripped
    >thelabel out). I have never heard of 'Private Collection',
    >just 'Private Label by G'. Good luck! :)
    >

Hi - I am thinking about purchasing a dress from Private Label By G. I found your posting using a search and I was wondering if you've heard anything about them?

Thanks!
    Katy

agape1 Guest

I have ordered Private Label by G dresses for some of my customers, and they come back with good reports. If you are interested in a quote for one , pls send me the style number and I will be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Boomie
    Authorized Discount Bridal Service Rep
    A Gracious Affair, Inc - An Event Planning Company and Weddign Store
    [email protected]
    www.agraciousaffair.com
    301-794-8500

jpchicago Guest

>Does anyone know if and where I can find a picture of
    >"Private Collection" wedding gowns on the net? I purchased
    >one last night, and I would like a picture of it to show to a
    >few select family members.
    >Do you think the name is Private Label by G...? I've been planning my wedding for almost 2 years, & I've never heard of that one before. Check on TheKnot.com or Weddingpages.com. Good Luck!

lorlw Guest

Can you lead me in the direction to contact, DBS? I would really appreciate it.