wcwlc Guest

Default My experience with St Pucchi.. :-(

I wanted a ST Pucchi dress pretty badly. It was retail for about $5500. Since I still have a year until my wedding I starts to look around. I talk to many people on the internet, check out ebay, called the Dallas store(which is closed) and the whole bit.

One of the discounter told me the reason St Pucchi dress was so expensive is because the designer has a rule that only the store that carries that particular dress can order it. So essentially the buyer has to pay for the cost of two dresses. Not a good sign.

Later, I found out there is a simplier version of my dress. However it has been discontinuted last year. (For reasons unknow, the pic of the dress is still posted on St Pucchi's offical website) The simplier dress (with exactly same top and just simplier skirt pattern) is retail for $3500. One of the on line discounter quoted me a price of $2400 until he realize it was discontinued. Wanting to save money I called the 800 St Pucchi Number to make sure that it is indeed discountiued. The lady who I spoke with told me to try out their exculsive LA and Dallas store. Since my sister lives near LA that was the first store I tried. The lady at LA store told me that they do not have the dress. However their other store (not telling me the name of the other store) has an old sample. Since she likes me(!!), she can arrange to have the dress ship from Dallas to LA for merely $50. I asked what discount she can give me on the dress. She said it would be 20%, which is the industry standard!! So basically they want me to buy a dirty store sample that is couple size too bad (I am a size 2) for close to $3000!!!

I am so piss at them. I know they make great dress. But isn't this just a bit unreasonable???

Maybe someone can give me a better suggestion. THere is no way for me to have this dress made because the most equisite part of the dress are all the hand sewing done on to the skirt. I am just so disappointed.

alifelessordinary Guest

Default RE: My experience with St Pucchi.. :-(

It's St. Pucchi...please, you need to stop bitching. If it's designer, you're not going to get it for free or cheap. It's great that you're a size 2 and all, but #### if you want it bad enough, you'll pay for it. I have a $5000 St. Pucchi dress for my wedding and I'm a size 20 in St. Pucchi...and it's worth every penny...It's not something you'd get anywhere like David's Bridal or at any bridal shop in most area's...so either take it or leave it. You're just being a bridezilla. Spending $3000 on a St. Pucchi is not alot so stop bitching and either order your dress or find a different one.