Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    deesse Guest

Default RE: Velesca bridal--pictures

Do you have a picture of the dress? I am also looking for a shop that sells Velesca and I am in the Baltimore area. Which bridal shop did you go to in Baltimore?

cotomwed Guest

I found the dress--the shop actually lied to me about the designer. I'd strongly suggest you look for "Venus" instead of Velesca; I think that's the store's way of you not being able to price shop. (I shouldn't publicly divulge the name of the store here--sorry.) Good luck!

deesse Guest

oh, i was only looking to find a maryland shop that sold velesca gowns... the gown that i am looking for is made by velesca... so when i saw your post i thought that i would be able to try the dress on locally... i did not realize that you had a bad experience with this shop... thanks, though

pegtho Guest

Let's hear which bridal shop lied to you about the designer. I wanted to search the web for other complaints. Let me know as soon as possible so that we may further warn ladies not to shop at bridal retailers who are misleading the consumers.

It is illegal to mislead the consumer about the designer names. How did you know they lied about the designer? Please elaborate so that other brides may be warned.

Pegtho

kimjerpixie Guest

It's not illegal. Shops are under no obligation to inform the consumer which designer dresses they try on (though personally I think that's bad form and shows poor customer service). It's only illegal if there is no tag at all. All garments must have a tag with either the vendor name, RN number or store name. If they have at least one of these on the garment - they are not breaking the law.

Most do it because they don't want you to price shop - which is why we want the names and style numbers to begin with, right?

pegtho Guest

It is illegal for shops to tell you one designer and mislead you by providing another without the consent of the consumer. It is called a "Failed Expressed Warranty". The retailer sells (promises or expresses) a Rolls Royce and delivers a Hyundai.

Illegal to mislead on retail expressed warranties. If all bridal retailers had the tags in the dresses then consumers would not have to ask and be mislead by many retailers and manufacturers, too, in my opinion.

Please remember ladies the Federal Trade Commission sent out over 3,000 letters (06/04) to bridal dress retailers and manufacturers warning them that it is illegal to be manipulating garment tags which misleads consumers causing loss of personal monies and experiences. But for the retailers and manufacturers (like Vera Wang) they make higher profits and are on Holiday while their corporations mislead with their expressed warranty (or product advertized). Illegal, Illegal, Illegal!

In my opinion, of course. Are there any attorneys out there that could further comment to help abused victims of the bridal dress industry?

Once again I speak of retailers and manufacturers who play the game of bridal dress deception with young innocent brides. For all the other retailers and manufacturers I ask (in behalf of all abused victims past, present & future) that you speak out and help us abused victims to stop the crime of bridal dress fraud.

So far, I have not heard from one retailer or manufacturer who cares to help stop it. That tell me something fishy is going on. Does any one else feel it.

Pegtho

Noiva Guest

I am looking for that exact dress and I live in the Baltimore area. Is there anyway to let me know where you tried it on?

cath_b Guest

Not sure if you have already found your dress but here is a website that carries Velesca Bridal and they have pictures and style numbers of the gowns. I think the gown you were describing is on here. Let me know if it helped.

http://www.tamarasbridal.com/velb.htm

NOTE: I am in no way affiliated in anyway, shape or form with this website. This website http://www.tamarasbridal.com/velb.htm came up on google search. This is for picture and style number reference only, nothing more nothing less. Hope it helps.

Cath

BermudaBride Guest

Hi,

I think I know what dress you are referring to b/c it is one I selected for myself. For the record what store in Baltimore where you in? I was able to get the style # from Velesca BUT ONLY BECAUSE I SPOKE TO A TEMP WORKER!!! Needless to say this caused a lot of commotion with the store and the manufacturer.

Please let me know what you thought of the dress. It has pleated edging on the top and bottom with beads (according to the photograph) along the bottom. Is that correct?

Also, I was told by another retailer that the dress sells for $5,000. If we're talking about the same dress let me know. Nonetheless, I'd like to know what store in Baltimore you visited. Was it La Bella Bridal by chance?

deesse Guest

thanks so much... they don't have the dress that i was looking for but i did see one that i liked... thanks for sharing this info.
    j

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast