Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Need help quick!

Has anyone dealt with kellybridal or landybridal? Kelly has promised me a 95% to 100% exact replica of my gown. I am so nervous though. This is a very ocmplicated Maggie Sottero gown. Basically I can get it from Kelly for $450. Their photos do not look exact, but very close. I also have land for about $350, but they have no provided me with information on how close to the original the gown will be. I also found a brand new Maggie Sottero original from an authorized dealer for $1100. Everyone else charges at least $1500. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...12&style=A3227

This is the gown I want. I am so afraid though. I don't know if I should blow so much of my budget on the gown or if I should try the Chinese copy. Only problem is if the cop comes in bad, I can't get the original at that point, my wedding is September and the delivery time for a Maggie is the very end of July right now and I will need alterations. I just don't know what to do. And I have to decide tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Michellew925 View Post
    I posted my pictures with my ebay dress but it looks like it didn't work. Let me try again:

Once I get it back from the seamstress, I will take closer pictures of the beading and threadwork.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was looking at this dress on eBay in the red color and was scared to death to order it. It looks gorgeous on you! Are you still very happy with it?

Default def recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
    Has anyone done business with littlecoral.com? There are several dresses there that I like but would like some input before I buy.
    trisha,
    i just received my dress from little coral. It only took about 30 days for it to arrive. I was very impressed it is almost exactly like the pic. Also its a strapless & they added boning to the bodice which the original designer did not. They also wrote gift on the customs paperwork so that I would not have to pay taxes on my gown. I searched the entire gown & only found one defect just a loose string. For the money I saved I am extremely happy. Also great customer service. ~renee

Unhappy April Bridal/ Jeff Liu, be very Careful!!

So, after reading the Bridal Bargains book and all these threads I decided that I would risk it and order a dress from Jeff Lui at April Bridal. I had a picture of the Maggie Sottero Rasharna and I sent it to him. He told me he could make the dress for $228 total. I figured if I hated it, oh well it wasn't that much money, but the real Rasharna dress was $1100.

So, long story short, he told me he could make the dress and if I didn't like it, he would give me 100% refund. I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe it. What risk did I have if he was going to refund the money if I hated it? So I ordered it. Now if you google this dress (rasharna) you will see it has polka dots on it. I had asked other China dress makers for a quote and they all said they couldn't make the polka dots the same way Maggie did instead they would be bigger dots, like twice the size of a silver dollar. YUCK! I guess they don't have that kind of material. So I said, no thanks, then Jeff told me he COULD make the dress, so I was excited. I figured nobody would say they would make the polka dots if they couldn't. I ordered it.

I sent my measurements, he told me I would have it in about 6 weeks.
    Well, I didn't get it until about 12 weeks later after many emails inquiring and sort of rushing him. I mean if I didn't like it, I still needed time to order the real dress.

So the day he shipped it, he sent me a picture and right away I knew I didn't want it. It had ZERO polka dots on it. Instead he had sewn some sort of Snowflake looking applique on the dress. I immediately told him I didn't like that, but it was to late, he had shipped it. He told me to wait and see it because it was beautiful. Well, I did as he asked even though the WHOLE REASON I bought the dress was because I wanted a fun whimsical dress with polka dots. My wedding is in October and Snowflakes weren't gonna work for me.

I got the dress, it was to small on the top, to large in the waist and even though it had a corset, with the smallest part of the corset cinched shut the dress was still to large in the waist. It was also to long and the other thing I requested, A flower to place at the base of the corset wasn't included like it is in the maggie dress.

I immediately wrote Jeff back and told him that I wanted a refund, I would send the dress back to him, but what ensued was 2 weeks of back and forth with him refusing to take the dress. He said he would make me another one (different design) and I would just have to pay for shipping, so I chose another dress but it was apparently to expensive, so he said, it would cost me another $100. I just got annoyed because it was like the cultural barrier made him not understand this was my wedding and that I didn't want just any dress.

At the end of the day, I now have a dress I will never wear and he refused to give me a refund. I told him I would give him a bad revue and dispute with paypal, however, you can't dispute anything with paypal after 45 days so my only outlet was this. He did eventually refund me $50 and told me to sell the dress in America, but I have wasted so much time and agony trying to deal with this that at the end of the day it wasn't worth it. I have had the dress up for sale and haven't even had a nibble.

Take away advice about Jeff Liu ~
    He is good about emailing and getting back to you quickly but he writes in broken english so sometimes you don't understand his emails.
    He forgets who you are so you have to keep replying to the same emails. Keep the thread going so he can go back and re-read what he wrote before.
    He will NOT give you a refund regardless of what he says, so if he says he will, save the email. I didn't do that, not sure it would have mattered though.
    Make sure he sends pictures BEFORE he ships it!! If he doesn't, don't accept the shipment. Problem is, you have already paid via paypal and there is NOWAY to get your money back!!!
    Your dress will NOT look exactly like the dress you send pictures of unless it is a very plain simple dress.
    You better not have your heart set on any specific detail of a dress or you will be let down. If you just want the basic style you might be ok, but be prepared to have alterations once you get the dress which will cost more money!
    Also, I tried on the REAL maggie sottero dress and the one made for me by Jeff, the quality of fabric was definitely different, cheaper from China, and not as full, but at the same time the China dress was made pretty well.

I would just say to wrap it up. Be Careful. Be ready to just throw away $200 and know yourself well enough to know you will not get emotionally wrapped up in it, or don't do it.
    IF you luck out and love the dress then you will be happy. If you have an experience like I had, you won't be! I ended up buying a used dress for $400. (an official Maggie) But now I am out a total of $600 because JEFF LIU didn't give me the refund he said he was going to.

Default Has anyone ordered from hangzhou_608 and/or peach_funjun1a2b?

Hi has anyone ordered from these two ebay sellers? hanzhou_608 and/or peach_funjun1a2b? They have pretty good reviews but I'm still nervous. Also has anyone seen or knows who makes this dress? I cannot find the information anywhere! HELP!

Here's the link to one of the ebay seller's page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-charming-Whi...ayphotohosting

Default Has anyone heard of Ebay 908eecn or Flyrichcat?

Has anyone heard of this dressmaker from China on Ebay - "908eecn" or the company Flyrichcat?

Thought about ordering a dress for $150 including shipping from them but there isn't much feedback. Out of the 178 sales about 2/3 or 3/4 are for jewelry.

Please give any info you may have good or bad.

Thanks!

Exclamation Burned by Cinderella Bridal

I just wanted to post my experience buying a gown on eBay through Cinderella Bridal. In short: don't be fooled by the rave reviews and promises of a full refund on eBay! In the end I thoroughly regret following this piece of advice in Bridal Bargains.

Here's my story: I wanted a Jim Hjlem 8800 but didn't want to pay the $4500 that my local bridal salon was charging. I found a beautiful looking knock-off on eBay at Cinderella Bridal (aka Milly Bridal). I read the review that was written in the book, checked out the blog and went through the user reviews on eBay and took a chance (their stock sizing was almost exactly my measurements so I did not order the gown made to measurements). They promised full money back if the dress I received did not match the pictures so I thought "what's to lose"?

I ordered the dress the beginining of April and they said I would have it mid-May. It was delayed being made and then got held up in customs (for which I got stuck with the bill from DHL). When I received it, everything seemed ok. It was pretty but when I tried it on I realized the pictures on the web hid the seams through the bottom of the dress along the sides and under the hips and did a poor job at portraying the fact that the material in bottom of the dress was entirely different from that in the top. In short, it was poorly made and looked terrible on (not the mention the sizing and color were way off). A seamstress told me that to fix it would cost WAY more than I paid to start with.

So, I could still get that refund that they promised on the website right? Nope. Mr Feng Yu denied that I qualified for the refund. His correspondence was so slow coming that by the time I realized that he was not going to uphold the promises made on the website, the 45 day period had elapsed to be able to contest the purchase through Paypal or through eBay. Even worse, then I needed to buy another dress however I was too late to order the alternate dress that I wanted because it wouldn't be ready in time for the wedding. I really regret making this purchase. My advice is think very hard about buying through this company, especially if you have tried on your designer dress. What you get will NOT be the same.

(and to the Fields: I love your book and it has in general saved me a TON. However I do have one complaint about the way to book is worded with respect to the China dresses: it somewhat implies that these factories in China are one in the same as the ones that make the designer dress. It really put thoughts in my head and gave me false hope. I definitely did not receive a designer dress, minus the tags. I hope the next version is more tempered in this claim to save other people the frustration and additional expenses that I have had)

Question Ebay Seller "flyhorse8869"

Has anyone purchased a gown from "flyhorse8869"? I saw this dress:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Sexy-Wedding...%3A1|294%3A200

And fell in love. They have only had 23 sales in the last year but they've all been "positive". I read some of the older reviews and back in 2005 and 2006 they had some really bad ones, but all the recent ones sound good. Anybody ordered from them? The dress is simple enough that I would think it would be hard to screw up. There's no beads and very little embellishment, but now I'm not sure.

I got all excited because when I went to Kanacca website and found that they sell the replica of my Claire Pettibone dream dress but after reading the terrible reviews on the board, I don't want to order from them. This dress from ebay would be my second choice.

Any opinions?

Has anyone dealt with happy_88888 from ebay? Their rating seems decent but I was hoping some (awesome) person from here had dealt with them and could share their experience

Default My friend used 1koo.com and I am now looking at using edressit.com

My friend Jess was married last year and she used 1koo.com for her dress, her bridesmaids, and her mother's dress. She also had a second ceremony in Hawaii and ordered another dress from them as she was happy the first time. I'm posting all the info I have on her wedding to help anyone out. Also posting some recommendations as I was bridesmaid so I know all that went into buying, fitting and whatnot. I might use 1koo.com as I know she was happy with them but I found a lot I liked on edressit.com - has anyone used them? If so how was the experience?

Jess had sent in pictures of dresses she liked with big bold circles around each part she liked and then sketched whatever she couldn't find a picture of. They said they could do it and I believe with shipping her dress was $190. The bridesmaids dresses she just picked from what they had on the site and picked her color (the color was correct). I think she did the same for her mom's dress.

Now the only problems Jess had were annoying but not life threatening. She knew all her bridesmaids sizes so she just ordered the standard sizes and we would alter them here. The dress's weren't sized for extra curves - I'm a size 8 with a D cup and it felt like I was being strangled. Her sister is a 4 but has a bit extra in her butt and with the dress being so tight to about mid-thigh, she had a hard time with sitting and actually at the wedding, she busted the seem below the zipper. The other bridesmaid had just had a baby and was in a 14 at the time but by the time of the wedding, she was almost my size and there wasn't time for second alterations so the dress was swimming on her (first fitting took the dress to in between a 10-12).

Another thing with the bridesmaids dresses. Our dresses were all beaded with a design and drastic alterations are costly as they have to adjust beading. The new mommy's alterations were about half the original cost of the dress and had she gotten it altered again, it would have cost the same as the dress. Jess didn't measure herself right and when she sent in her measurements for a custom dress, it came in WAY too small. Jess knows that was her fault so PLEASE measure yourself right. With everything we went through, go a little bigger and remember you can have them altered and the costs are still less then paying a bridal house...as long as the dress is what you wanted.

Back to Jess, she had to have her dress let out all the way. Jess is a size 2/4 and ended up in spanks and a corset under her dress to make it fit comfortably. Jess is also short (5'3") and wore 4 inch heels (her husband is over 6') so she found her shoes first and measured herself for length with the shoes on. She wanted her shoes to show a little bit so the length was right where she wanted it.

The biggest issue there was would have been the mother of the brides dress. The design was what Jess had picked but the color was wrong (its a bolder and darker then she wanted, she wanted a softer almost lavender shade) and made it look like a prom dress. The other problem with the dress was the neck had a halt wrap on it that didn't detach for easier on and off and made it very difficult to get her into the dress after her hair was done. Because Jess had did what they called a "custom order" she couldn't return the dress and decided to use it anyway.

Below I am posting a few pictures from the wedding. If anyone wants, I can try to find some closer details and post those.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast