Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default RE: Only if you have no other options

Yes, I have not been pleased with reports on Kanacca. I do not recommend that company. They seem to need to overhaul the way they do things. Bad reports to inconsistent reports and feedback on them has been coming in for a long time. They also do not show pictures of their own work.

Do you have any picture of those dresses that you can post or send to me?? ( [email protected] ) Especially the parts that you were not happy about.

Were you professionally measured? Did you happen to send in the measurements in both the metric and English conversions?

Which company is remaking a dress a dress for you???

Thank you for taking your time to post!

Janine

Default RE: i recommend SheShopping(china dress)

I can tell you why not. You are doing it all wrong!!! You have been all over bridal message boards on the net on threads you have no business being on and have really ticked off a lot of brides. You are going about advertising your product the wrong way. I have seen people on other boards ask you to go away and you don't!!! You have ticked a lot of people off!!!

Go sell your stuff on ebay or some selling website. If you must go to a board to sell dresses go to one what welcomes companies who are looking to sell products and post your own thread, but stay off of other people's thread!!! If you get good reviews eventually people will probably find us and send up pictures and a review. Don't try to put any fake reviews yourself, we can always see right through them!!! Then you will really be bad mouthed on the net. We can and have made and broken reputations on these threads. Brides listen to each other more then any company.

I think I need to make things clear this thread is for women/brides looking to find out information about ebay china companies from other brides (and perhaps their friends or family members). IT IS NOT FOR EBAY CHINA COMPANIES TO ADVERTIZE HERE ON THEIR OWN (or put any fake ads in case you were thinking of doing that).

IT IS ALSO NOT FOR INDUSTY BIAS WRITERS TO COME LOOKING FOR INFORMATION FOR THEIR NEXT BIASED ARTICLES!!!! Nor is it for the owners of brick and mortar stores to put in their two cents. These are all problems I have run into on my threads here and other places. SO IF YOU ARE NOT HERE FOR THE RIGHT REASON PLEASE GO AWAY!!!!

Default RE: i recommend SheShopping(china dress)

I have some new feedback from another thread on Kanacca. I would assume that many ebay sellers of all types of things are using the service mentioned...

from Angie74

Beware of Kanacca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered my dress from Kanacca and what a horrible experience it was. The dress was made very poorly in the way it was sewn. It looks nothing like picture that was posted. The fabric was of very poor quality as well as the lace. Their communication was very poor and made it difficult to explain things to them. In addition, it took almost 2 months for them to make the gown (their auction said 15 to 20 days).

They didn't refund my money as advertised, in fact they failed to reply to any of my emails regarding a refund. Then to top it off, they use a company called SquareTrade (which I was unfamiliar with at the time) to actually remove my negative feedback on them (if you don't respond to SquarTrade, eBay actually gives them the right to remove your feedback).

I was fooled into ordering from them because they have little negative feedback. That was before I knew about SquareTrade. When looking through their feedback, you will see many that say "Rating mutually withdrawn". That's what mine states and I didn't make any sort of agreement with them. So you can rest assured that most of the feedback labeled as that is yet another unsatisfied customer. In essence, they pay SquareTrade to deal with any negative feedback they recieve, if the customer doesn't respond the negative feedback is removed. Which in turn makes the feedback system on eBay worthless.

As far as the BBB, they are located in China (as mentioned above). If anyone decides to do business with them after reading my experience with them, I strongly suggest you BEWARE and expect a very poor dress or gown.

Default RE: Ebay China Gowns

Recently, I ordered two dresses from a tailor in Shanghai, China on ebay. The name of the site is called April Bridal under the name of Jeffliu8000. If you check the reviews & ratings, Jeff is rated as a top seller for ebay. I think for the most part, customers are happy with his work.

One of the gowns I ordered is an actual duplicate of Milady bridal gown featured on Bridals by Roma bridal shop in NJ for over $3,000. I was very impressed with the detailing and the work done. I had another v-neck gown tailored for $49.99. I was glad that I had gone with ebay instead of paying over $3,000 for the gown. Both of my gowns, including shipping came out to less than $400.00. I do have to warn you that the shipping isn't cheap. However, it is worth the investment considering the money you will be saving.

I do have to admit, I was hesitate at first because of other sites I had browsed before choosing April Bridal. A lot of the reviews complained about cheap quality, material, fitting, expensive shipping, and the dress not resembling to anything shown on the website. However, after ordering the two gowns, I can tell you, if it's any website you can trust, it's definitely Jeff. Unlike other websites where they just process your order through, Jeff actually sends forms and instructions to make sure you get a customized fit. I continually received updates & emails from him while he was working on the tailoring with the two gowns. Most of the pictures on his site shows the detailing and exactly what you will be getting. My gowns came out gorgeous and the fit was perfect, except for the gown length which came out a little longer. I do recommend to get your measurements done by a tailor or seamstress in your local area to get the perfect fit. Overall, I think you will save a lot even if additional tailoring needs to be done on the dresses.

I live in the Manhattan borough of NYC. I can tell you that the dresses here are ridiculous! I visited a few bridal stores where $3,000 and above is considered a bargain. Occasionally, there are a few sample sales here and there for $100 and less. I wouldn't waste time getting on line with thousands of brides pushing back and forth to grab dresses off the rack. I don't know about you but I think there are better ways to find a real bargain without losing your sanity to fight over dresses with other brides. I would definitely go with April Bridal and check out which dress suits you. You never know, your dream dress might just be on sale. Also, there is the discount/clearance section, make sure you check that out before ordering the selections on the front page. Another great thing is you get up to 30 days if you decide you don't like the gown or you're displeased with the service, Jeff gives you a full refund. I hope this helps with your search.

I wish all the brides or bride to be lots of luck with the planning & a very special wedding day!

Default Thanks for all the info! I think I'm going to end up buying EBay China!

I've been reading ALLL of your messages and I thank you. I fell in love with a Jim Hjelm gown, a Judd Waddell and a Vera Wang. I went to netbride.com, but they don't carry these lines. I then started looking at bridecouture and they have the Jim Hjelm only, but was hoping to spend less than $1000 on my dress. I have started in on the 14,215 entires on eBay - most of which seem to be the China companies. It seems like most of them can get a gown made in my short time frame (by May) and promise excellent quality. I'm even contemplating sending a couple of them pics. of my dream dress to see if they can make it and how much, however I'm thinking I might be best off to go with what pics. I see. Thanks for alerting me to 1koo.com. I'm going to check them out. My fiance buys from ebay all the time and if we pay through our pay pal account, he says we shouldn't have a problem settling any dispute because eBay is very customer oriented in ensuring we get what we ordered. I will let you know. Meanwhile, if you have any additional advice, please let me know. i have to order a dress or buy a dress within the next couple of weeks to ensure I get it on time.

Default lifeshop2008???

has anyone purchased from lifeshop2008 on ebay? They have the exact dress that I have been spying and I wanted to know if anyone has feedback,

Thanks!

Default April Bridal - very satisfied

I ordered 2 dresses recently online from Jeff Liu/April Bridal after reading the Bridal Bargains Book and blogs on this site and reviewing his eBay Seller ratings. I was very satisfied with this decision. Communication was prompt and Jeff always replied within a few hours when I emailed questions about the status of the dresses. The dresses arrived in 7 weeks (ordered Feb 1, arrived Mar 21). I ordered 2 different styles since I couldn't choose which one I liked better and didn't know what to expect. I spent ~$350 for the 2 (including shipping, which isn't cheap) and was very pleased with both dresses. He/April Bridal did a great job replicating the pictures I sent. The quality is not quite what you get when you pay $$$, but even so, the quality is pretty good and you can't tell that they were purchased at a deep discount. I cannot wait to wear one of the dresses (still can't decide which one I like more!) for my wedding in August. I am also thrilled to have not spent over $1,000 on a dress I will wear for just a few hours, but the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Bride
    I ordered 2 dresses recently online from Jeff Liu/April Bridal after reading the Bridal Bargains Book and blogs on this site and reviewing his eBay Seller ratings. I was very satisfied with this decision. Communication was prompt and Jeff always replied within a few hours when I emailed questions about the status of the dresses. The dresses arrived in 7 weeks (ordered Feb 1, arrived Mar 21). I ordered 2 different styles since I couldn't choose which one I liked better and didn't know what to expect. I spent ~$350 for the 2 (including shipping, which isn't cheap) and was very pleased with both dresses. He/April Bridal did a great job replicating the pictures I sent. The quality is not quite what you get when you pay $$$, but even so, the quality is pretty good and you can't tell that they were purchased at a deep discount. I cannot wait to wear one of the dresses (still can't decide which one I like more!) for my wedding in August. I am also thrilled to have not spent over $1,000 on a dress I will wear for just a few hours, but the dress.
    I have been looking at Jeff Liu/April Bridal as well, but am hesitant to order. I probably will since they are so inexpensive comparibly! Which dresses did you order? Would it be possible to post pictures of your dresses?

Does anyone know about love_mengniu on ebay? They don't have very many feedbacks, and I wondered if they changed their name from something else? They don't seem to have any feedback on actually selling gowns. The problem is they have the exact dress I've been wanting!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsnicker4
    I have been looking at Jeff Liu/April Bridal as well, but am hesitant to order. I probably will since they are so inexpensive comparibly! Which dresses did you order? Would it be possible to post pictures of your dresses?
    lol. looks like you've already made up your mind on it. all you need to do is to take the first step -- place an order!
    searching for a bridal gown? look here..

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast