lawedding Guest

Default Catering recommendations!

My Fiancé and I are planning a wedding for October of 2002 in the greater Los Angeles area (we live in Glendale). We're looking for a good and creative caterer for our reception. We'd like to do a festive food station idea vs. a sit down and would like some referrals. We're hoping to invite around 130 people and, of course, we are budget concious. Thanks for you help
    Brian

PRINCESS_KIM Guest

Default RE: Catering recommendations!

I am using www.orientalcatering.com but I don't know if you want Asian food or not but they were not pushy at all and prices were very reasonable. We decided on just having h'ordeuvres but based on the package, we were able to select fried rice, egg rolls, chow mein, etc that would be more of a lunch! $3000 for 200 guests. Have you found a videographer or photographer yet?

lawedding Guest

No Kim, we haven't found a photographer yet - but if you have recommendations, we'd love to hear that too. Drop me your email and I'll notify you if we find someone too!
    Brian

wonderwoman Guest

hi! i'm glad i came across your post. i checked out orientalcatering.com and did find their prices pretty reasonable. i too am planning on having just hors doeuvres but would like enough to fill people up. i'm looking into their "open party dessert" menu. is that where you got your package? what else is included besides food? thanks for your help!

wonderwoman Guest

hi, we're using joshua michael bobrove, who currently works as a photographer's assistant but is looking to break out on his own, i think. really nice guy. good photography. quoted us $800. if you're interested, email me at [email protected] and i'll forward your mail on to him.

PRINCESS_KIM Guest

I don't know if you got married yet or not, but I was not notificed when you posted your message. So I just saw it today. =(

Yes, that is what I ordered from. In addition, I opted for $1.00 extra per person and that dollar includes:

"...two desserts, balloon decorations, soft drinks, hot drinks, ice, table cloths, napkins, plates, etc." (taken from their website)

I don't know what etcetera means but I ran into this catering company by accident. I was at the church where I will be getting married at. They were catering that day for another couple and I peeked in..it looked nice. I don't know if the food is great, good, or okay. But I have done so much worrying that as long as the food is edible and no one is going to get sick from it, then I AM HAPPY!!! I actually have told people that I am only having cake and toast so no one is relying on lunch. Also, my invitations states "refreshments to follow".At that time, we were working with another catering company and they wanted $3k for just cake and toast! We were bouncing the idea back and forth of what we were going to do so "refreshments to follow" was the safest option.

GodsQQQ Guest

Miguel,the owner at Confete' restaurant on Santa Monica boulevard is very very nice and personable and accomodating and they have Great food!Their whole family is in the restaurant business,they also used to own or family still owns Cha Cha Cha restaurant on Virgil.It's sort of carribean type but you can ask what you want.Really tasty food.I don't like bland or bunk food.And it was very nice how they gave me and my cousin and auntie a private tasting in the not yet open restaurant.It was wonderful.They had like bread that you dip in this great great olive oil with Basil and garlic but I'm tellin' you it was sooo tasty.And then had choices of sworfish or mole' type chicken and other types, and vegetables(that somehow even made turnips taste so good)and beans very flavorful and plantains with a creme to dip in.But they have lots more.He was just real cool to us,especially because they are kind of upscale but someone told us about him and he really worked with us cause' we don't really have upscale money.So I have to give him some props.

hi Princess Kim,

I realize that it's been a while since you posted the message below, but I was wondering how your experience with www.orientalcatering.com. How was the food, service, reliability, etc.

Also, do you happen to know of any other people who used them and could provide me with their opinion?

thanks so much!

>I am using www.orientalcatering.com but I don't know if you
    >want Asian food or not but they were not pushy at all and
    >prices were very reasonable. We decided on just having
    >h'ordeuvres but based on the package, we were able to select
    >fried rice, egg rolls, chow mein, etc that would be more of a
    >lunch! $3000 for 200 guests. Have you found a videographer
    >or photographer yet?
    >