Hey if you need catering in San Diego check out Tip Top Meats! Off the beaten path I got lost and I stopped by thier deli because I saw they cater... well they do full meals and you can get as many combinations with saides with a min of $20 for 9.98 a plate! ! Explore local delis that cater

Don't let the decor or the fact that its in carlsbad scare you away! Its great food, 4h meat and affordable!
Here is a review below.
The lines form early at lunchtime and dinnertime for huge sandwiches, hearty soups and generously garnished German specialties, many of them made from recipes handed down to the family that owns this delicatessan and market, and all of them reasonably priced. You order and retrieve your meals at a counter and then head over to one of the small dining areas or the even smaller outdoor terrace. In addition to the usual deli suspects, you can get sandwiches stuffed with such difficult-to-find meats as headcheese or tongue. Mashed potatoes cratered with gravy come with many dishes, including hot sandwiches made with cooked-on-the-premises roast beef or roast pork. The sauerkraut and red cabbage are other worthy side dishes.

Traveler rating:
Carlsbad: Tip Top Meats: "Delicious! Great prices!"
Nov 1, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, Carlsbad, CA

You don't find many places like Tip Top anymore. It is a REAL butchershop with a wonderful market with lots of imported items. My favorite part is the restaurant, it is not fancy, it is a REAL family restaurant, you are not going there for the ambiance you go there for the awesome food!!

Last night, my husband ordered steak and stein and I ordered the Rouladen. He got a Bock Ale, very generous sized bacon wrapped filet, green salad, mashed potatoes/gravy, delicioius red cabbage, pickle and a roll. I got two big servings of rouladen, mashed/gravy, red cabbage, pickle, green salad and a roll. All of that food for only $17!!! I have enough left overs for another meal! Believe me it tasted so good and didn't want leftovers but I was absolutely stuffed.

You order your meal at a counter off of a menu that is posted from the ceiling above the bar at the back of the store. The restaurant tables are located beyond the store. They call your number and you pick up your own food from the counter, pitchers of water are out so that you can serve your own water and you get your drinks from the counter where you order and pick up your food. That is probably why they can keep their prices so low, and also because they have been in business here forever.

Living here in Carlsbad we tend to get a lot of visitors- they all LOVE Tip Top meats!! The cabbage rolls are great, actually I haven't had anything that wasn't wonderful