Thread: Reception Food

ketgilbert Guest

Default Reception Food

I don't know if anyone would be intersted in this, but I have had a lot of people tell me they wish they had thought of this for their wedding reception. I'm having a potluck. It wouldn't work for a large or formal wedding, but mine is quite small and informal. In my invitations, I am sending a recipe card and an envelope to send back both the card and their RSVP card. That way if too many people are makng similar dishes, I can contact them and equest something else. Since it is almost all family, my fiance and I are making requests for some of our favorite dishes from some of our relatives. I plan on baking a ham and turkey the day before the wedding, so all that is needed are side dishes. We're still having a traditional cake, so no desserts ae needed. Also, we will have a box of matching recipe cards containing our wedding meal.

I love that idea- thanks for the thought. I know several friends who have had or will have a potluck reception. I would do the same if most of our guests weren't out of towners...