Thread: Rental Company

boxingtily Guest

Default Rental Company

I just got back from a wedding this past weekend. The couple had rented their china,flatware and tables from the same company my fiance and I signed a contract with to provide china and stemware at our wedding. The delivery truck NEVER SHOWED UP! The caterer took pity on my friends and rushed out to purchase paper plates and plastic flatware. Needless to say, I'm concerned. Our contract says that if we cancel now, we will lose our deposit of $350.00. What should I do ?

Default RE: Rental Company

Good question. I guess I would contact the rental company and see if they have an explanation for their behavior. If they give you the brush off, I would probably give up the $350 deposit and go elswhere just to be safe.

Let us know what you hear,
    alan & denise
    authors

boxingtily Guest

Well I spoke with the manager of the Rental company today. They said that they don't recall my friends at all. They even suggested that my friends had'nt ever been in to the store. I find that funny since my friends had a signed contract and canceled checks! Needless to say, they plan on filing a suit in small claims court as they are out $1300.
    As to what I did, I can't walk away from $350. That is 2/3 of my budget for tableware. I asked the manager to refund my money and he said no. Soooo, I called the Better Business Bureau and found out what I need to do to file a complaint. This is the largest rental company in Houston, and they pride themselves in all their advertising on their reputation. I called the manager back and told him that I planned on filing a complaint with the BBB and that I had no problem with posting this sordid tale on every BB for brides in Houston. The manager softenend his stance. My check should arrive by next week. Sometimes it pays to be polite, yet firm. I guess the moral is, don't be afraid to stand your ground. It is YOUR money.

I think you made the right call----sometimes its best to move on to something else and not risk it!

best wishes,
    alan & denise
    authors