free2beme23 Guest

Default anyone own moissanite or other fake diamond ?

I was wondering if it's really a good option for a real look ? I don't think spending alot of money on a diamond is worth it to me . I want to put the money toward a house instead. If you own it what do you think ? Real looking or not? I am going to go with a 1/2 ct or 3/4 ct stone nothing too big. Any other options out there besides real diamond ?

Nicole

Default RE: anyone own moissanite or other fake diamond ?

I don't know about that stone, but I don't think I would care if I got a real on or not as long as the metal does not turn my hand green. lol

My friend upstairs got a ring with three stones. Her not husband was still in school when he bought it. It is so pretty and I don't think anyone would know just from looking at it.

The only problem I can think of is that the stone may chip and need to be replaced. I had that happen to a saphire of mine once.

Erica12.02.06 Guest

Nicole,

You should definitely check out QVC's "diamonique." It looks so real and is absolutely beautiful. I put one of their diamonique rings next to my real diamond and theirs made mine look yellow. They have solitares as well as rings that more stones on the sides.

www.qvc.com

Erica

ShawnsGirl Guest

If you want to check out some really nice diamond simulants you have to see Carat.com. These are as close to a diamond as you can get without the big price tag. They even compare them to a moissanite. If we decide to go with a fake, this is the one we are going to do.