Thread: Planner?

Qetesh Guest

Default Planner?

I am wondering if i need a planner, I currently live in boston and i am getting married in ohio on 7/7/07. but i want to keep the costs down, i am getting different advice so i probably shouldnt even ask for more but i am thinking a planner might actually be a good idea in the long rung but of course i am doing my wedding on a budget.

my question is what our your experiances with planners are they really a huge help and will they really remember things i wont, i am very detialed and artistic but i live in boston so i would be doing the planning from out of state. i also work full time.

thoughts?

experiances please

auraorigin Guest

Default RE: Planner?

Hi,
    I think that because you have a year to plan, that should give you plenty of time to find deals in the Ohio area for your wedding. I would browse wedding books at the library and possibly the bookstores when you have time for plenty of ideas. There are a lot of sites online for many of the things like cakes, reception and ceremony sites, transportation, flowers in the Ohio area, but you may have to pay for phone conversations and trust them to do what you want...it may be more work, but it may save you a bunch.
    I am planning my own wedding for the most part, but I live in the town where I am planning my wedding. I called a local wedding planner and she did have a great package deal and probably has a lot of experience with vendors, negotiating, etc. But I am really liking planning it all and finding savings. I would call around to the wedding planners in that area (I am assuming that would be the cheapest way vs. a planner in Boston) and check what a budget would look like using what they quote you vs. going with doing your own planning. Prioritize the time and energy you want to expend on this vs. paying someone to do most of the work for you.
    Good luck!
    Aura