Thread: Macy's registry

NoleGirl Guest

Default Macy's registry

Just an FYI I wanted to pass along--Macy's has now implemented a Bridal Registry Rewards program.

If you register w/Macy's (or their affiliates like Rich's-Macy's, Burdine's-Macy's, etc...) and have a Macy's credit card you will get rewards. At Richs'-Macy's they explained it like this: You will get 5% back on any gifts purchased from your registry and 10% back on any purchases you make w/your card (purchases can be on any thing, not necessarily wedding stuff). You will receive your rewards credit as a gift card after your wedding date.

Hope this helps someone. Good Luck!

Default RE: Macy's registry

I just registered at Macy's to take advantage of rewards program. I have noticed that items on the regular macy's website are lower in price than items on my registry. it seems like such a scam! for example, a down comforter on my registry is $400 but the same comforter on macys.com is on sale for $199.99. I tried to call Macy's about problem and they said that the registry is seperate from the online store and have different prices. She said that if you call the store, they will match the macy's online price. But it's not like my wedding guests will know to do that, so they will end up paying more than regular macys.com customers. I don't see how this is legal and not price discrimination (charging different buyers different prices for same item). Can anyone make sense of this? Is there anyone to complain to at Macy's who will listen??

Alternate Registry site:

You can alternatively choose things from the Macy's site, but go through
    http://www.thethingsiwant.com/
    to keep track of your registry. This is especially great for things you want that aren't associated with a place that has a registry. Some of my friends used this and it worked well- I will be using it soon.