H276558 Guest

Default Average bustling cost?

Hi, everybody:

I was wondering if anyone knows what the average cost is for having a dress bustled...My bridal shop is not charging me for alterations, but told me it costs $150 for bustling. If anyone has had their dress bustled by an alterations place or somewhere else besides a bridal shop, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

baoanlei Guest

Default RE: Average bustling cost?

Well, I realize this is an old post, but better late than never with a response, right? The place I bought my dress charges a $150 flat fee for all alterations including bustling on my dress. It seems you're likely being charged a similar "flat fee" by your salon. Seems excessive if they aren't making any alternations, doesn't it?!?

Default RE: Average bustling cost?

I saw a part on bridesave.com that lists average alteration prices. IT may vary from area to area.

David's Bridal wanted $99 just for the bustle part of the dress. (That doesn' include the ~$150 for the hem!)

I took it to a local alterations place and they said they would do it all for $75. I wasn't comfortable with them so found a work-at-home seamstress who did it all for $75. This is in the SF bay area.