Thread: labor?

Default labor?

37 week check-up...I'm 1 1/2 - 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced and -1 station. Haven't felt any real contractions yet, but the dr. says he thinks the baby will be here by Wednesday...yikes! That really speeds things up a bit! Does this sound right to you? Was anyone else at this progression and have the baby soon after?

Jamie
    EDD 5/9/03

Default RE: labor?

I remember having similar stats for a couple of weeks actually, the drs kept saying I would probably go that week and sure enough there I would be for a checkup the next week. They were so sure all along that I would deliver early, and Charlie was early by two whole days. They also guessed he was about 7 and a half pounds, a few days later he showed up weighing in over 9 pounds. But, everyone's different-I think babies come when they're good and ready no matter what the doctors say! The more dilated you get ahead of time, the quicker your labor will be so your current stats are a good sign! Good luck, and be sure to tell us all about it!!!!
    Emily
    mom of Charlie born 11/02

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was 3cm and 60 then 70 then 80% effaced the Dr. said I would not make it to my due date and I was late then induced. We did rush around and get everything ready.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02
    Andrea

DS 8/02
    DS 3/06
    and baby girl 5/08

Yeah, I don't even feel different in any way...I can't imagine this happening so soon...

Jamie
    EDD 5/9/03

KathyO Guest

I'd go with your doctor's opinion before my own any day, but I will say that I walked around with pretty much those same stats for two and a half weeks! Even at that, they had to rupture my waters manually!

All the best, whatever comes!

KathyO

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

there's just no way to predict the progression. my doc says she's seen patients hang out at 5cm for quite a bit.

just have that bag packed and ready, and enjoy every quiet moment from now til then!