OK, I am hoping this will be the LAST time I make the mistake of letting someone else (who doesn't even know DS) dissuade me from trusting my own judgement when I think I know what's best for my child! Yesterday DS and I spent the morning doing a few errands, then had lunch. Then I decided he could really use a haircut. So I brought him into Cartoon Cuts, where we'd been before, and he started crying as soon as I sat him in the chair. He usually naps right after lunch, so I realized my mistake and told the stylist I thought we'd better come back another time. This was DS' 4th haircut, so I figured he wasn't afraid, but just tired. The stylist said, "It's OK, he's just crying, he's not moving. It will be fine." Well, I should have just picked DS up and left. The stylist started cutting and, when it got too late to back out, DS began squirming, trying to swat the stylist's hands away, and jerking his head away from her. You should see the haircut my poor DS ended up with! I think he'll be wearing hats for awhile. Next time my instincts tell me to leave a place, I'm going to leave!

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01