lukkykatt Guest

Default OT: Do you thank contractors?

We have been having an addition put onto our house and also having some other work done by some contractors who have been wonderful. I had been thinking about ordering some pizza and beer for the crew on their last day of work. But then I started wondering if you should thank them in some more meaningful way.

For anyone else who has undergone a project like this, did you do something to thank the workers and, if so, what did you do? I don't want my thanks to end up being insulting if the rule of thumb is to tip them, or something.

elvisfan Guest

Default RE: OT: Do you thank contractors?

As some companies won't allow workers to accept monetary tips, ordering pizza sounds like the way to go.......

I used to run a contractor's office. Pizza and beer would be a lovely gesture.

In addition, the best form of thanks is to offer your recommendation for the contractor, tell him he is welcome to use your home as a reference (and bring prospective clients to see his handywork) and spread his name around. The best flattery is word of mouth.

Glad to hear you had such a successful experience!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had a new roof put on last week and my husband took the guys some beers when they were cleaning up, and they were very surprised appreciative. I think many people don't even say hi to the people doing work on the house, so your idea is wonderful!

Susan
    WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01
    & Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!