Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ideas for Baby Boy Nude Pictures?

How many of you have had nude pictures of your DS taken? If so, did you take them with his diaper on or off? I'm thinking about taking some but keeping his diaper on, but I was wondering if there are cute diaper covers made for boys. I've never bought any and just googled "diaper covers" and it seems that most cute ones (e.g., for a Christmas picture) are made for girls.

If you took pictures without a diaper, did you take certain precautions to avoid a mess? How about special measures to hide his special parts?

Lastly, is there an age at which you think your baby's getting to be too old for naked pictures? My idea for the baby pictures came from Debbi's post to my other thread. Sadly, we always seem to take pictures of DS fully clothed and I was thinking that it'd be a shame to not be able to remember how the cute little folds in his skin looked as a baby.

mharling Guest

Default RE: Ideas for Baby Boy Nude Pictures?

We took some when ds was about 3 months old. We did not take any of his full body, so the diaper and private parts issues did not come into play. What we did do is take lots of close-ups; his feet, his hands, his hand resting on his leg, his leg bent and showing his 'cute little folds', etc. I don't know at what age a baby is too old for naked pictures. I wanted to tell you what we did because I think it would definitely still be appropriate.

Here is one of my favorites:
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1179.jpg

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i...21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

mommyj Guest

I personally think nude photos of boys are fine without hiding any parts of the body. There's nothing to be ashamed of; it's just a body. But, if you're not comfortable with that, how about a cute cloth diaper or two? You could have 2, so you would have a back-up if one got dirty. Or, you could always put a cloth diaper cover over a disposable dipe.
    Here are some cute All in one diapers (you don't need a cover with these):
    http://store.naturalbabies.com/products/ (look under Bumkins AIO
    diapers)
    http://store.naturalbabies.com/produ...pageID=Bumkins

There are some cute covers on her site as well. Just look under the cover section at the Bummis whisper pants and the Bumkins covers. Both have patterns that would be really cute for a boy.

Or, if you want a wool cover with a custom design, you could check out the following website:
    http://www.woolybumbums.com/?What%27...0AStock/Photos
    Sarah is great to work with, and I'm sure she would be happy to help you design a Christmas cover.

There are a ton of other sites with cute cloth diaper covers. If you're interested, you can pm me and I can send you more links.
    HTH!

bluej Guest

We just recently had Ryden's pictures taken naked. We didn't take any precautions, just plopped him down and the photographer worked fast. Most of the time his legs were crossed or one was lifted so you couldn't see his privates. It was a lot easier to avoid his privates than I thought it would be. When his legs weren't being cooperative she just did close ups of his face and chest. I think most photographers have a lot of experience w/ this, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. When we did the sitting up pictures I did put a diaper on him, but b/c his legs are so chubby you couldn't see the diaper. I also had a nice chenille blanket w/ in case he wasn't cooperative. I was going to drape it b/w his legs, but we ended up not needing it. I would definitely recommend getting it done.

I took some photos of Matthew when he was around 6 months. I just did the traditional cheezy shot of him lying on his tummy naked. His little bum was showing but it looked so cute. There are of course the traditional bath shots as well.

One of my scrapbooking magazines had an article awhile back on how to preserve these very memories. Make sure to take photos of their little hands, feet, legs, etc.. Work fast...that's all I have to say :)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Anne after yesterday I am going to take my own nudes of Ryan. I was thinking of going to the fabric store and getting some black and white velvet and using that for photographs from now on (preferably something that is machine washable after yesterdays learning experience). The photographer really kept trying to keep his "p" out of the penis with his leg in the air so it covered it. It took a little bit of practice but she did it. I didn't get to see how they looked with his "p" in the pictures but I personally wanted them without his babyhood showing! I really liked the one of him on his tummy because his little legs are kind of raised like he is arching in the picture.

I did buy a seersucker diaper cover for $1 at the thrift store (it has subtle ruffles on it...but hey at least it was blue) so I am going to take some with that too. I thought of getting one on kidssurplus too that was just denim so it was pretty manly. :P

I brought a waterproof pad for the session yesterday, but she just put a plastic bag underneath the fabric and it worked fine.

They have the proofs of the ones we ordered but I have one of him on his tummy that I will try to scan later for you and post. Oh and your other question of how old is too old for nudies? I wondered the same thing and my guess is lucky number 7 months old but what do I know since I have a 5 month old. He is just getting so big and I really wanted that "baby" feel to the pics, KWIM?
    Mom to R and R

I really like this! This reminds me of Lori (momof3labs) and her collage of Colin that she did. I have already started to take some of Ryan's body parts for our own collage.

This is a really great shot Mary!
    Mom to R and R

Default Pictures added and edited

Here are 2 we didn't pick. The good ones I don't have the proofs of since they took them for our order....

This should give you an idea though on how to do it.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i...21b357fcb345ee

EDITED: I wanted to add some info for those that missed the original thread...these are the ones that we had taken at Wolf/Ritz Camera from the photographer there. I am going to do my own too but just haven't had a happy baby for the past few days to do it (he has the sniffles). These were the ones that we didn't like enough to get them made, but you get to keep all of your proofs so I was just showing her how to do it without the "privates" showing!

Thanks for looking at my little cutie pie! The other thread was about baby pictures and different studios...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...d=39589&page=3
    Mom to R and R

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Pictures added

AAAGHH, Debbi, he is so cute! I missed the other thread, but these are really adorable!!

AA

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Pictures added

debbi, i love the naked on the back picture! jack has just started grabbing his feet so I may have to copy that one. did you do those yourself??? i'll have to go back and reread the thread.

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast