sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default OT: Denby stoneware

anyone have this? we are looking for some new everyday-but-nice plates. this looks really pretty online. what's it like IRL? sturdy? break easily?

places to buy cheaply?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

cvharris Guest

Default RE: OT: Denby stoneware

Yes! We LOVE ours! We have the Energy (pale green or cream on charcoal) in almost everything. :) It is our everyday dinnerware. It's actually the only stuff we registered for when we got married that DH actually appreciates. It is very sturdy, and in three years nothing has broken, chipped or even been scratched and I've actually dropped a couple pieces.

In the past, I have found that the Old English Pantry in Canada has the best prices on it. www.oldenglishpantry.com. They carry the entire line and have good package deals. They also have some accessory pieces that are not available in the US.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

josephmama Guest

My mother has had some for years- since I was really young I think. They have held up amazingly well. Not sure if it's the same thing they currently make, but she loves hers. Very sturdy- actually kind of on the heavy side. Not sure where to buy them for less, sorry!

mharling Guest

It's great!! We have it in Reflex. Is it VERY sturdy; our dishes have been clinked a lot and none have chipped. I think it would take a lot of effort to break one.

We registered for ours and received some as gifts. We finished our collection out when it went on sale at a cheaper dept. store and opened their credit card to get an add'l 10% off.

Mary
    Lane 4/6/03

mharling Guest

It's great!! We have it in Reflex. Is it VERY sturdy; our dishes have been clinked a lot and none have chipped. I think it would take a lot of effort to break one.

We registered for ours and received some as gifts. We finished our collection out when it went on sale at a cheaper dept. store and opened their credit card to get an add'l 10% off.

Mary
    Lane 4/6/03

We also have Denby that we use for every day. We've had it since we got married in 1997. Since then, we've only chipped 1 piece, and we are not particularly gentle on it. We got ours at Marshall Fields and would buy pieces during "Field Days" sales.

Lisa
    & Jack, 4/20/01
    & Joshua, 11/16/03