Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How do you reheat pork tenderloin?

Okay, I feel silly not knowing the answer to this, but I don't. So...how do you do it? I cooked a really good one recently and we froze the leftovers, which we have now defrosted. How do I reheat it without it drying out or turning to rubber?

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

Default RE: How do you reheat pork tenderloin?

Are you reheating slices or a whole pork tenderloin?

If I'm reheating slices, I generally reheat in the microwave on level 6 in a covered container. I have also reheated slices on the stovetop in chicken broth or a new sauce that I'm serving the second time around.

If it's a whole pork tenderloin, I think I would bake it to reheat. I would wrap the tenderloin in foil or put it in a cooking bag at bake at 350 until heated through. I'm guessing this would take about 20 minutes or so. (FWIW,I have never done this before)
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I usually reheat meat covered, in the oven, using a little bit of chicken broth and water just to keep the meat moist.
    ETA- I forgot to ask...is this a recipe you could share? I make pork tenderloin often, but never deviate much from one recipe.

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I actually do not know, but will tell you that microwaved meat tastes funny to me. So, I don't micro meat to warm it up again. I think low and slow in the oven is probably a good bet.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I actually do not know, but will tell you that microwaved meat tastes funny to me. So, I don't micro meat to warm it up again. I think low and slow in the oven is probably a good bet.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sure! It wasn't a recipe exactly, though-- I sort of made it up, but it was REALLY good. I brined the pork for about half an hour first. I love to brine pork or chicken. It really makes a difference in how tender it is. Anyway, after I brined it, I seasoned it heavily with salt, pepper, and a variety of herbs-- lots of thyme and a few other things that smelled good at the time. Then I seasoned some Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) and rolled the tenderloin to coat, then baked it. When it was done, I put it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the Panko. It was really yummy, very easy, etc. This would also have been good with a wine sauce or a wine-based marinade.

Thanks, everyone! The reheating went fine. :)

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02