Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    aliceinwonderland Guest

Default OT: Ladies, what face/eye creme do you use??

My favorite is La Mer, but I can't afford to buy it regularly...What's a good alternative? Contrary to what most people seem to like, I LOVE a nice, heavy (even a little greasy)creme for my face, as I mostly use it at night...La Mer was the perfect thing (really thick and heavy), but what else is good??

Also, while on the topic, any favorite eye cremes? I have ok skin, but the area around my eyes is a little dry and I get wrikles that way :(

THANKS!!

eri and the bean, due in April

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: OT: Ladies, what face/eye creme do you use??

i've always wondered what la mer was like! is it really worth the $$$?

i've backed off of even the medium pricy options, but i like Neutrogena moisturizers -- can't think of the name but there is a day cream and night cream that come in little pots. I like a skin serum by Elizabeth Arden. For eyes, I am still using up my Bobbi Brown eye cream, but hear raves over the neutrogena one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The only one I use regularly is Aveda's hydrating lotion. It's not a cream, it's definitely a lotion and thinner.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

bluej Guest

I don't have a favorite face lotion/creme...still looking for that perfect one yet. However, for eye creme I use straight up shea butter w/ a little bit of essential oils mixed in. Cheap, cheap and effective (or so far at least!).

I really like L'Occitane Precious Cream.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P39916

It is creamy and heavy, but doesn't feel super greasy. I use it both day and night.

In the past I used to use Oil of Olay but was finding it was not at all moisturizing enough for me. I always had major dry patches, especially immediately post-partum. This was my first foray into using more expensive face creams, and for me it is totally worth the money.

I think L'occitane carries even heavier face creams too if you need that. I also use their Shea Butter hand cream which has been a lifesaver since I am constantly washing my hands at work.

I usually buy this stuff on Ebay new in package. Saves me a few dollars plus I don't have to go to the store to get it.

HTH,

Please note that I am a consultant, but I use Mary Kay products. They have a new face cream that works very well - its actually the best that I've tried.

I am a beauty product/skin care junkie and I have tried everything. Clinique's cremes didn't moisturize enough, I found L'Occitane to be a little too heavy. I do like Neutragena's stuff and Avon had a neat moisturizing gel too.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

momtoemma Guest

Sonia,

I use a lot of MK products and am very happy with their cleaners. What is the new moisturizer you are talking about?

Thanks,

KGoes Guest

I had a client in the beauty product business and he told me that Oil of Olay wins blind use contests over anything else on the market, cheap or pricey. I use Oil of Olay products because I have sensitive skin and I can usually find good coupons when I need to stock up. FWIW, according to this client, Pantene wins the shampoo and conditioner trials.
    Kelley
    DD born 7/03

aliceinwonderland Guest

Shannon,
    That creme is so great, I can't even describe it...worth $100 for the tiniest container? I don't know, but I KNOW if I had more $$ it would be the only one I'd use...

aliceinwonderland Guest

Interesting.

Thanks everyone...I have to try some new products now:)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast