Default OT: triathon training tips

does anyone here race in triathlons? my dh has signed up for one (i hope to do one myself someday, but after another pregnancy.) i really want to be the super wife and really encourage him to train. he is really busy with work (and us!). i would love to write him a training schedule, and then be his "coach" and make sure he sticks to it. when we ran a marathon together, it was so easy to just have the calendar all laid out for us by our training group. i think it would really motivate him to train, and it would help me to be more supportive. any tips would be greatly appreciated! it is a sprint distance. he is a GREAT runner, a good swimmer for someone who never swam on a team, and has very little cycling experience.

any online resources? current books? (we have an old book from when i took a class in college.)

THANKS!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

NancyJ_redo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: OT: triathon training tips

Hi Liza - this will be short bc I hear DS waking up. The Triathlete's Training Bible is really good (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books) and so is Triathlon 101 (more for the beginner triathlete). As for websites, beginnertriathlete.com is really good, and you can check out triathletemag.com and active.com (a general sports/racing website, but with some tri-related articles and news). Lastly, I used to be a member of the LATri Club, and while I know you don't live in LA, they have a good website with lots of info and links to other great sites. See www.latriclub.com.

Good luck to you and your husband! How lucky he is to have such a supportive wife :)

lizamann Guest

Default RE: OT: triathon training tips

I'm sure you can find something at one of the sources listed above. I did a few with Team in Training a couple years ago and the schedule was invaluable. I loved the scheduled one day off per week - that was key, and I recommend it!