mharling Guest

Default Ugh - He's grinding his teeth....

... and it's like fingernails on the chalkboard. Is this normal? Can it cause any harm? Please tell me it's a phase and that it will pass quickly!!!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    [link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

JLiebCamm Guest

Default RE: Ugh - He's grinding his teeth....

DS did this for a while and then stopped and hasn't done it for months. My guess is that it had soemthing to do with teething. I think it hurts us more than them!

liya Guest

Lets hope for yours and mine's sake it is a short lived phase LOL!! im totally right there with you its sooo freaking annoying!! Ari has been doing it for like 4 months now..He seems to know i DETEST IT!!

lizamann Guest

Until your post I didn't realize that Nora has finally stopped this annoying habit. It was really bad for a while, but I haven't heard it in a few weeks.

amp Guest

Mary - Jake is younger than Lane, but I can tell you that he has ground his teeth for a day or two or three on a few different occasions, but it never lasts. We try not to pay too much attention to it even though we hate it!

Sophie does it too. Drives me crazy. The Ped said it's because all these new hard little teeth in their mouth are a novelty.

She doesn't do it nearly as much as she used to, if that's any consolation ;)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04