farsk Guest

Default I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hello Everyone!

I have an interview!!!!yay!!!!yay!!!yay!!!!! You may remember the scum-sucking twits that decided not to fund my grant-leaving me jobless at the end of June. Well, I applied for the executive director position of our local tourism commission and have an interview!!!yay! (can you tell I'm excited, not only because it is an interview, but because it is actually what I want to do in life!)

Anyway, could all of you creative and brilliant people help me come up with innovative ideas for a marketing plan for our town?
    Quick Facts:
    Population 22,000
    Home to an excellent public liberal arts university
    Voted #1 retirement capital by Rand McNally in 1985
    Closest international airport: 2 hours (110 miles)
    Closest regional airport: 50 miles

Thanks!

peanut4us Guest

Default RE: I NEED YOUR HELP!

Shannon--I can't help you unfortunately... I write more of the insert slot a into slot b, then power down your machine, jump up and down 3 times and reboot... if that doesn't fix your problem, call tech support! LOL! I'm not marketing!

But I did want to congratulate you on your interview. Hopefully some other folks will be able to give you some good ideas. Let us know how it goes.

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How exciting for you. SOrry I'm no help but good luck with the interview.

mharling Guest

Congratulations!!

What sorts of family activities are offered? Any big festivals? What about university-sponsored events (athletics, concerts, guest speakers, etc)? What sets your community apart from others in that geographic area?

I would think about the demographics of your community and the tourists you would likely attract. For example, are there lots of retirees that would have children and grandchildren visiting? What about parents of the college students coming to visit?

Good luck!!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    [link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]