Default Survived our peds. visit for both--My little guys . . .

. . . are getting bigger and are growing nicely but are still, well, small (in stature). We just got back from Jack's and Joshua's joint ped. appointment (3 year for Jack and 6 month for Joshua). Here are there stats:

Jack (3 years, 1 month): 31 lbs. (30%) and 36 inches (15%)

Joshua (6 months, 1 week): 15 lbs. 2 oz (25%) and 26 inches (10-25%)

I have to admit, it's kind of fun now that they are both "compact models". Jack has such a baby face, and when he opens his mouth and starts speaking in full sentences, people are always so surprised. He's a little spit fire, so what he doesn't have in size he makes up for in volume and in overall presence.

Joshua is a little cuddle bug. Now that he's not a little preemie anymore, he sure doesn't appear to be lacking in personality either. He "talks" very loudly when he isn't happy being put down and graces everyone with his huge, warm smile. I love that he isn't too big--makes him still feel like my tiny baby (and since he may be our last, I'm wanting that feeling to last).

Now when the boys are bigger, I know it's no fun to be the smallest in the class. I'm hoping that if they hang out around the 25%, they will "blend in," so to speak. I always hated being small when I was a child. Not that my size bothers me now, but children can be really mean.

On a totally different note, I am so proud of Jack. He was most unhappy about going to the doctor, but he really pulled it together. We prepared him well in advance and told him what to expect in detail. He had a minor meltdown right at first but then settled down nicely when we continued to be calm and offered him some forced choices ("The nurse can listen to your heart while you sit in the chair or in Daddy's lap". By the time the doctor came in, he was back in "total character" mode, proclaiming "I have a nosebleed problem, Dr. Mercola."

Sorry to ramble. Just wanted to share a little about our morning.

Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Survived our peds. visit for both--My little guys . . .

Glad to hear all went well. Jacob is also along the same percentiles, 25% for weight and 10% for height last visit. LOL that they're "compact models"! Never thought of it that way exactly!

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

doubleL Guest

Enjoyed gettting the update on your boys. Glad you had such a nice morning. Remember your first day "home alone" with the boys. Just yesterday or ages ago? Time plays tricks on me these days.

Lou
    ~David 5.01
    ~Elisabeth 6.03

mharling Guest

> "compact models"

LOL!!! I have one too. :) They'll have to get together sometime.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    [link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

Well, I can't quite figure out if it felt like ages ago or just yesterday--I think it depends on how the day is going. Life with the 2 is still really challenging. Jack is really exhausting. He just keeps going and going and going all the time being loud and demanding. I guess he's not only a compact model but fuel efficient, lol!
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)