Default Do girdles for under swimsuits exist? Friend told me I look pregnant!

I have a new swimsuit that is skirted and I asked my friend today, while at the pool, if it looked maternity. She said she was wondering if I was pregnant, not b/c of the style of the swimsuit, but because my belly is fat. (Yes, we're still friends.) I just called a swimsuit store and they said they've never heard of girdles to wear under suits, only suits with built-in tummy tightening. I just bought this suit and I like it and don't want to spend money on a new one, but obviously I might need some extra "support." A Google search didn't produce anything.
    Anyone know if swim girdles exist? Could I just wear those girdle undies under my suit?
    Many thanks.

barbarhow Guest

Default RE: Do girdles for under swimsuits exist? Friend told me I look pregnant!

weeelllllllllll......I don't know if they make such a thing but I wanted to let you know that you must be a very forgiving friend. I would karate chop any of my friends who said that!

JLiebCamm Guest

Default RE: Do girdles for under swimsuits exist? Friend told me I look pregnant!

I just saw "Miracle Suits" in the Eddie Bauer catalog. They're a bit expensive but they really look like they help to shape you (I know this isn't a girdle, but...)

jubilee Guest

This is just why I haven't been in a suit! No way is this tummy fitting into the suit and no way is anyone seeing it!! :)

Julie,
    I know what you mean. I was trying to get over caring so that Jack could have fun at the pool, but this set me back. Oh, well, don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

amp Guest

Ugh! I just want to empathize. I haven't been in a bathing suit since my honeymoon and that suit doesn't fit anymore. I just ordered a few suits from Lands End that are supposed to have some tummy and/or all over control. Some of them are skirted also and my fear was that I'd either look old (my neighbor wore these when I was growing up) or pregnant. I think they're really cute, but I hope I don't look like a fuddy duddy ole pregnant lady in all of them! Anyway, short of buying a different suit, I can't help, but wanted to empathize with your situation!

cinrein Guest

I tried on a Miracle Suit at Lord and Taylor and they really are a miracle! It makes my tummy disappear!

There are other brands of tummy tightening suits that most major dept stores carry. Maybe you can find one on sale?

Cindy and Anna February 2003

doubleL Guest

Kristine,

Just wanted to say good for you for getting in your suit and in the pool! I think you have a great friend. Sometimes it's hard to hear these things. But I would much rather my close friends be completley honest with me and love me anyway than say empty niceties. You're very lucky.

Lou
    ~David 5.01
    ~Elisabeth 6.03