(also posted in the diaper forum)

Odd question, I know....but do disposable diapers go bad/expire?

I just had a stillbirth at 36 weeks with my second son. I have two packages of Huggies newborn diapers--both of them already opened, so I can not return them. Due to the cause of the stillbirth (fundal uterine rupture) we do not know if we will be getting pregnant again (we want to) and if so, how long we would need to wait to allow my body to heal and recover.

With my first son I used Nature Boy and Girl biodegradable disposable diapers. I had noticed that unused diapers that sat in my diaper bag or in the pockets of my Pack and Play seemed to "go bad" after 3 or 4 months. I don't know if that is because they are biodegradable or because the ones in my diaper bag experienced all kinds of heat and cold or what.

Would Huggies go bad after a period of time? If we are not risked out of a future pregnancy, I can't see us needing these diapers before at least another 18 months pass. If they are going to "go bad" I'd like to take them to my midwives' office now and donate them so that they can be given to another patient who could use them.