Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JLiebCamm Guest

Default Mommies of 2 or more children, please tell me my expansion will slow down!

I heard over and over that you pop out much earlier with your second pregnancy, but I never expected it to be like this! I'm at 20 weeks now and look like I did during my first pregnancy at 32 weeks. My weight gain hasn't been excessive, but my belly is certainly protruding. I understand that all my muscles are stretched and everything plops out, but now that I have quite a pooch will things level out a bit? Give me the cold, hard facts! I just need to know if I'm going to end up buying a whole new maternity wardrobe because my current one is already fitting a bit too well.

lukkykatt Guest

Default RE: Mommies of 2 or more children, please tell me my expansion will slow down!

I did show earlier the second time, but I carried the same way (ALL belly), gained the same amount of weight, and ended up the same size as the first time around.

Don't buy any new clothes until you're sure that you need them!

Default RE: Mommies of 2 or more children, please tell me my expansion will slow down!

Girlie-

I am SOOOOO with you. I'm 23w and feeling gianormous!

Have you found ANY way to sleep that's comfy yet? ;)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got huge early, but actually ended up smaller the second time after about 7 months. Could be because DS was huge and DD was a peanut though.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I sympathize with you! I popped out at 6 weeks with this pregnancy. I'm now 15 weeks along and I look like I'm more like 6 months along. Blah!
    Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant

I'm due in 7.5 weeks w/number 3. I'm measuring 2 weeks big.... I don't FEEL huge, but I either get told, "You still have THAT long??" or "You're not that big!" so I'm not sure HOW I really look...
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

ddmarsh Guest

Never fear, you will not end up that much bigger at the end :). You pop out sooner just because the muscles are weaker, etc. By the time I was pregnant with my 4th I was wearing maternity clothes at about 8 weeks but things really even out after the first few months. Hang in there, I'm sure you look adorable!

i am some kind of freak and i only look slightly pregnant in a bathing suit at 18 weeks. BUT i already feel like i am going to EXPLODE if i eat an entire meal at once sitting. (like a whole sandwich and a piece of fruit. nothing out of control...) and i didn't feel that way until maybe 8 months last time. oh the joys of the second time around...
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got bigger faster (and needed maternity clothes sooner) but as it is now, I've only gained a pound more but then again, I'm more than 2 weeks past the time when I delivered Declan. Don't worry - it evens out.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
    and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

StaceyKim Guest

I popped out VERY early with my 2nd pregnancy but I didn't get bigger than with the first. It all slowed down and I gained a little bit less weight the 2nd time around.

Also, after the 2nd baby was born my stomach went back much quicker (it is still going down but I am only 4 weeks pp).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast