Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mharling Guest

Default RE: if you were "rich" what would you give as a baby gift?

I can't remember 6, 7 & 11. I do remember that he played with the LaMaze aquarium for a LONG time. That could have very well been the favorite all that time.

Mary
    Lane - April 2003
    Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

blnony Guest

If I were rich, I'd pay for cleaning and catering for the first month, so everyone could just bond together and not worry about the little stuff.

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm with you! Last night, I suddenly realized that what I would really have loved would be a year of groceries with a chef skilled in the art of healthy cooking. :) (Hey, a mother can dream, can't she?)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
    born 22 February 2004

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050222/2/16/0/+10/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo..._garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 6 months and counting

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

llcoddington Guest

I would give a slew of baby carriers! The ergo has saved me!

So maybe the ergo, sutemi, a pouch or two, a kozy, a Moby wrap (or a Hug-a-Bub since money is no objective!) and a sling (although I never used a sling I know they are quite popular so perhaps the recipient would like a sling!)

Lana
    mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

LISA I'd love that gift !

hellosmiletoday Guest

Where do you get good foldover socks and cute burp cloths? I only have one pair of foldovers for DD that stay on!

I actually have alot of long sleeve onsies from the Gap that I received as a gift...but have used them very little in FL.

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do they have to be foldover? The only socks that actually stayed on DD were the Trumpette Mary Jane socks from BabyBox.com. They're also extremely cute, can match a variety of outfits and get a comment every time we see someone new (and even when we see people who've seen them before). For cute burp cloths, there are always the hand-dyed prefolds from LilBunz, and there's one other link that I can't find at the moment that has really cute patterns sewn onto the middle of it...

ETA: Okay, I've found the link. Here's the website:

http://www.growmearainbow.com/products.html

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
    born 22 February 2004

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050222/2/16/0/+10/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo..._garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 6 months and counting

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

i actually really liked the babies r us socks! i can't remember the brand name they use right now. but i HATED old navy socks! walmart socks did ok for us, too. (mcbaby brand)

as for the cute burpeys, i make them myself. you can get them at boutiques, but (here is where i pat myself on the back...) they are always made with cheap-o icky gerber style diapers that are not very absorbant and are not very soft, and they are $12 each! the fabrics are usually cool. but they are all sewn with a strip down the middle. which is fine, and i do that, too. but i like variety. i do a strip down the middle when i use soft fabrics like flannel, but opposite corners or strips at the top and bottom with bright, woven fabrics. and they don't cost me $12 to make! i just did a baby gift for someone that was a wicker laundry basket filled with 8 burpeys that all matched each other, a bottle of all baby care detergent and a bottle of zout stain spray.

oh, and i got a pack of long sleeved onsies at old navy. but the biggest size they had was 6-12 months! that is what my child wore at 3 months! so at 6 months, he was wearing these tiny shirts with sleeves an inch too shirt and the collar stretched down his chest!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

What a fun thread!
    The biggies are UNBEATABLE: doula, housecleaner, nanny, or other experienced in-house help, trust fund, etc. . .

I'd probably want to shop, though- I have such fun picking out baby things for friends!

I agree that those Trumpette socks are fabulous. We didn't have ANY other baby socks that worked nearly as well- and they are SO darn cute!

I'd enjoy putting together a basket of natural mom & baby products- like nursing tea, lansinoh lanolin, some yummy all-natural bath products, Burt's Bees diaper rash ointment, skin creme, massage oil, lip balm, etc, a gift certificate for a massage/manicure/pedicure, (thought I'd throw that in) :) - Hyland's colic and teething tablets, Bach Rescue Remedy (for mom), etc etc. All that stuff really adds up.

Or perhaps a Silver Cross Camden stroller? I LOVE ours! Or a really good car seat? Or an Arm's Reach co-sleeper- what a life-saver that has been for us!

A gift certificate for some classes that mom would really enjoy once things calm down at home a bit, and a "coupon" for babysitting while she does them! (Yoga? Painting? Horseback riding? Aerobics? Creative writing?) Or, a gift certificate for mommy and me classes somewhere.

I'd really have a blast buying things for a mommy friend who wanted to cloth diaper! A really good sling would be great, too.

I'm sure I could go on and on- gift giving is one of my favorite things! If I were rich, it might not last long because I'd have too much fun buying stuff for other people. ;)
    Kit

Littleman 10/03, Mr. Sweetcheeks 08/05, Babyman 11/07

AvasMama Guest

We have those little mary jane Trumpette socks and have gotten literally hundreds of compliments on them. I plan to order a dozen boxes to give as baby gifts for every baby girl I know! They are just SO cute!

Robyn & Ava

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3