Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Small Gift ideas to bring for mom and new baby at hospital?

Hi there, my friend just had her second baby and I am trying to think of something to bring for her. Just a small something. DOes anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

smomom Guest

Default RE: Small Gift ideas to bring for mom and new baby at hospital?

How about a Demdaco Willow Tree figurine? They have a few baby poses that are very pretty. Their products are available at Hallmark and other gift shops. Most of them run around $8 - $20. The sappy, sentimental side of me loves them.

Here's a mom and baby...

http://www.demdaco.com/cgi-bin/demda...oductLine=true

here are all of their figurines...

http://www.demdaco.com/cgi-bin/demda...ine+Collection

I know nothing about this web site, but they have good pictures of the various figurines.

http://www.cherrylaneangels.com/will...igurines0.html

jlcana Guest

How about an offer to take her first child on an outing or babysit while she and DH spend time with 2nd baby without feeling tugged at both ends?

That's what I would like at this point!

Lisa
    Christopher 3/18/02
    Another boy EDD 9/20/04

Good suggestions already. If you wanted something more for the baby, I often give one of the Lamaze toys. There between $10-$15 and are really nice and interesting for a long time. My favorite is Celeste the Sun because of her stretchy rays. She also has a rattle, squeaker and teething area.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

luvmypeanut is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Scented hand lotion for the mom and maybe a toy or blanket (already washed) for the baby.
    DD 4/03
    DS 2/05

Honestly, I wouldn't bring her anything to the hospital. Wait till she gets home. You can explain that something is coming later, and I'm certain she will understand.

I had sooo much stuff to carry, the last thing I needed was another goody to worry about, KWIM?

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

kensjen Guest

I agree, don't bring anything to the hospital. I had so much stuff. Especially flowers. They are nice and so pretty, but usually you end up leaving them there, and only enjoy them a day or two. I hated to think of how much $$ was spent just on flowers for us when we had our son. We left them with the nurses to give to other patients, but we couldn't bring them with us. :(

Unless you bring a small card, or even a gift card for something...that is small and easy to pack.

I think a good gift would be a box of thank you cards and some stamps. I am sure she will get lots of gifts, and that is something you don't want to run out and buy. You could have these waiting for her when she gets home....just another idea.

You are a sweet friend! :)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

massage gift certificate? ;)

hmmm... i loved getting flowers and gifts in the hospital. i certainly wasn't put out by taking home the wonderful things my friends brought!

stuff i enjoyed-
    one friend brought me candy! cause i am a sugar junkie. and dr pepper, because i didn't have caffiene while pregnant.
    someone else brought me my other PBK crib sheet off the registry.
    i wish more folks had brought snacks! to munch on in between hospital meals. or even a yummy take out dinner!
    a tiny outfit would have been fun so i could dress him up for when folks came to visit the hospital, instead of the white hospital tee.

what about a little white onesie with her initial or monogram on it?
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

Me, I bring flowers to everyone. DS was born the evening of September 10 of 2001, NOBODY came to visit or anything on 9/11 and then we went home. I had a totally empty hospital room and not a single bloom to carry home with me. Not how I ever pictured it and it's my mission to make sure everyone has flowers in a special vase to bring home when they leave. This one is my personal favorite. http://www.lindaanderson.com/product...sec%7C,00.html
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast