Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default OT-How do I change the fonts back on my computer?

Last night DS was playing on the computer. I was in the next room, and was shocked when he came in and said he was ready for a bath. I went to turn off the computer, and was surprised to find that he had turned it off. Normally we have to drag him kicking and screaming away from it.

Well, when I turned it on this morning, I discovered all of the fonts are itty-bitty. I'm having a hard time reading what I'm typing. Can anyone tell me how to restore them to their original size?

TIA-
    Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

Dyonia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: OT-How do I change the fonts back on my computer?

Is it just in your web browser? Or have the tiny fonts taken over everything on your computer?

If it is just your web browser, look at the top menu bar for the "View" option or something akin to that -- selecting that should get you a submenu that lets you change the text size.

Hehe....I bet your DS accidentally changed the fonts and couldn't figure out how to get it back, so he turned the computer off so you couldn't see what happened. Too cute :-)

If the tiny fonts are on everything, not just your web browser, I'll have to ask my husband what to do.

Jeanne-

Do you have a Mac or PC?

If you have a Mac, go to View and then Text Zoom. You can adjust the size of the fonts from there.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Thanks, but it's everywhere! If your husband knows how to fix it, that would be great!

And DS is a clever little booger, huh?! About a month ago, I had set him up on the Wiggles website while I took a shower. I came back, and he showed me how he could pull down my Google search menu and click on the Teletubbies. Can you believe it?! I take a shower and he surfs the 'Net!

Jeanne

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Also on the mac...since it's all on the fonts and not just internet, go to View --> Show View Options and change it there (assuming OS X).

Laura
    mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

[/url]

Thanks, but it's a PC.

Jeanne

This might work if your fonts are still out of whack:

Go to the Start Menu, then Control Panel, then Display, then Appearance, then you can change Font Size

I'm not sure if that works on all PCs or just certain systems, but that could work.

Debbie

That didn't seem to do it either. Argh. I'm going to have to get new glasses!

Thanks though!
    Jeanne

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Jeanne-
    OK - Try going to Control Panel, then to Display, then choose Setting. Check your screen resolution. If you aren't familier with this, it will sound backwards but make it less or smaller numbers.
    If everything is smaller including the icons, that should clear it up. If the icons are fine, and it is only the font, then I'll have to think about it more. Good luck.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Dyonia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Wow, a clever little booger, indeed! He's not even three! Oh, the things I have to look forward to....hehe

I just asked DH what to do -- he said that Ellies_Mom's suggestion should fix it. If it doesn't, he's not sure what else your DS could have changed accidentally. Lets assume the worst for a second and say it doesn't work -- what version of Windows are you running? Depending on how recently you've made changes to your computer, reverting to a saved system restore point could be done, if NOTHING else works.

Good luck!
    --Donna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast