I was wondering if anyone would care to comment on their experiences at various portrait studios. What do you like? Dislike?

I know that quality sometimes varies from one national chain to the other based on the quality of the photographers they hire, but in general, I'd like to know the pros and cons of each.

So far, I've only been to Target, and I haven't even picked up the pics yet so I can't comment on their quality. Here's my view on Target so far:

Pros: With club membership, I get 4.99 sheets; I can choose from any pose; they have decent props

Cons:
-They don't offer two 5x7's on a sheet (just one 5x7 and some useless (IMHO) wallets
-If I choose to use one of their 8.99 per package coupons, any sheets of other poses jump in price to 14.99
-(Big con)The digital preview pictures that you select from are of SUCH poor quality that it's hard to view details that may influence whether or not you buy the picture
-Once the order is placed, even if you come back the same day, they charge you 12.99 a sheet with a minimum of two sheets (Hence the pressure to order more pictures as you try to view them on the crappy monitor)

Perhaps some of the "cons" are standard at most studios; I haven't yet been elswhere so I wouldn't know. BTW, even though I refer to the studio as "Target" they don't actually run it; the studio is operated by Life Touch.

I'm picking up my pics on 10/5, and if they aren't good (hard to tell with the poor quality digital preview) I'll have to go elsewhere.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your opinions.

-Ivona