Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mommd Guest

Default What household items make good toys in your house?

Right now, DD loves pot holders, especially the mitt kind. She sticks her hands in them and laughs. Socks and caps from water bottles are also really fun for her to play with. So, what everyday item does your DD/DS like to play with?

lizamann Guest

Default RE: What household items make good toys in your house?

The wastepaper basket is a huge hit around here. DD can be occupied for 45 minutes taking all the junkmail out and "reading" it.

For bath time, the ketchup bottle (with no label) and an empty cut fruit container are the favorites. With all of the "real" toys floating about, he loves those two the most.

He is very into an opened box of (ahem :)) tampons right now too. He puts them in piles and stacks them, he puts them in a bucket and then throws them all over the place. I said to DH that anyone traveling that needs toys should just go buy a huge box of tampons for entertainment. We still laugh when we say "Ryan go pick up the tampons please."

The pot holder novelty has already worn off with Ryan unfortunately.
    Mom to R and R

LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

LOL! My DD is also fascinated with tampons (and pantyliners!). She will spend lots of time taking each one out of the box and lining them up along the tub edge. Every now and then, she pretends to take a bite of one and laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world! :-)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    19 months and counting!

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

LOL! My DD loves to play with tampons, too. It is the one thing that keeps her occupied while I am getting ready for work in the morning. She also likes an old cell phone and good ol' tupperware and wooden spoons.

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

jasabo Guest

Too funny! My guys got ahold of a box and spent like 20 mins playing with them! It was hilarious. For days, I kept finding tampons underneath all my living room furniture.

I'll have to give the pot holder thing a try - never thought of that.

My guys like the broom and dustpan, even though I bought them little ones from BRU - guess the big people ones are more fun. And, unfortunately, the remote controls haven't lost their allure yet, even though I gave them an old one without batteries to play with.

Lisa - mom to 16 month old twin boys

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Various kinds of plastic containers. One that has been a hit for a long time now is an empty Pampers wipes holder container.

Our cordless phone is probably his favorite thing in the world, he calls people all the time by hitting speed dial. The other day, DH had called his brother. Then he put the phone down next to him, he was laying on the floor. Then Kai grabbed it and was playing with it, and DH jokingly was asking Kai to scratch his back. My BIL's girlfriend called a little bit later and said "Sometimes I have these psychic visions, and I just had one that Kai was scratching your back..." He had hit redial and called my BIL's house, and his girlfriend could hear DH talking! Guess we have to be careful what we say when Kai has the phone!
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Measuring cups, empty boxes, empty water bottles, catalogues, socks (what IS it with socks?!), the dogs collars (strange, huh?), the remote control, empty DVD holders, Daddy's cell phone (with the buttons locked), my keys.

Oh yeah, garbage cans! The little waste paper basket ones...

That's just the beginning!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

An unplugged mouse, dead laptop, unplugged computer keyboard, pots and pans, kitchen utensils, screwdrivers (with CLOSE supervision).
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

jubilee Guest

the empty tube from a paper towel roll- he calls it a "duuut-du" like the trumpeting sound. My oldest plays a real trumpet, and my youngest walks around with the empty tube playing his horn too.

Also loves a paint stir stick, the swiffer duster, drink coasters, a wooden ruler, empty plastic cups in a low cabinet, and the all time favorite- my hair brush. He's insisted on taking my hair brush out shopping with us, to the park, etc. I call him Fabio when he walks around with the stupid brush! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast