Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default RE: How much did you pay out of pocket to have your baby-

With Sophie, we paid $100. But since having her, my OB has stopped taking insurance, so his bill is $8000. This excludes any hospital charges for the stay (which will be covered 100% less the $100 copay).

Because I've been his patient for over 12 years, he's willing to accept my out of network cap, which I believe is $3000. I think we've had to pay him $500 cash so far, but that should be it.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

MorganMom Guest

Your OB stopped taking insurance??? Wow! And his bill is high too!

W/DS#1, we paid our max out of pocket expense: $2500. I had him naturally at the hospital: OB bill was $3500, plus hospital bill of about $7,000. That was all covered once we paid out our $2500. Both OB and hospital were in network so they were covered 100%

W/this baby we are having a homebirth w/a CNM who is not in network. The most my insurance will pay for out of network providers is 50%. Midwife's bill is $3000 for all prenatals and delivery. We will probably end up paying about the same as last time: $2000-2500 for the homebirth. If we transfer to the hospital, that will be 100% covered.

ddmarsh Guest

Wow, we've never paid anything and I've had 4 sections.

I didn't pay a dime. Like Deborah we don't have co-payments either. We were lucky that my DH had a job with such awesome benefits at the time.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Under our plan, all OB visits were covered after the first so we paid $15 for the doctor. Since the hospital stay and c-section were considered under the hospitalization/surgery portion of our coverage, we were responsible for 10% which came out to $1100 for both Matthew and I. When we saw the inital bill of $11,100 we were in sticker shock.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

jubilee Guest

For Jacob it was $10 - which was the hospital food fee. I had him at a Navy hospital.

For Logan is was $120 copay to the OB and $200 to the hospital per day, so I just stayed one day!

$25 copay
    --Julie
    Proud Mommy of C & W
    Owner, Precious Personalities
    My blog (which desparately needs to be updated)

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We paid 20% but quickly reached the $2500 out of pocket cap due to preterm labor, several MRIs, etc. Our deductible is $750, plus some things were not covered by our insurance plan, like DD's hearing test - go figure. Our total cost was around $4,000.

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

We paid $100 for hospitalization and $5 co-pay for my pre-natal vitamins and that was it -- no co-pays for OB visits, no charges for meetings with the LC (and I had many, even 6 months after giving birth).

Oh, I also paid $80 for a VHS copy of my ultrasound that was done at a different hospital.

Ana

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My insurance was awful when I was pregnant with Brig. I had to pay anything beyond what the insurance company found "reasonable." It ended up being copays...too many to count, a few hundred for ultrasounds (had a bunch due to past problems), close to $2000 for delivery (prepaid) and a few hundred more for anesthesia.
    This time I have only had copays so far.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast