Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default How much did you pay out of pocket to have your baby-

With T'ster the birth center was out of network so we had to pay 20% of his birth. I think when we got the hospital transfer though that that was covered. anyway I think we paid over $1,000 maybe even more since I was pregnant 2002 and into 3003.

I was suprised at the birth center a few weeks ago they want a $500 deposit from the first visit from everyone. I didn't know my total benefits so I paid it.
    I came home and called my insurance and I am 100% covered. What a nice feeling...we can use that with the adoption and all...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
    * DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: How much did you pay out of pocket to have your baby-

Our birth center was covered, so the whole thing was $10. We also paid our doula $600, then had more for an IBCLC. What it costs the insurance company for you to birth in a birth center or at home is tens of thousands of dollars cheaper than birthing in a hospital, so it's silly of them not to cover it.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
    Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

brubeck Guest

The births, OB and post-partum visits were fully covered. I had to pay $120 per pregnacny (theoretically $10 co-pay for 12 OB visits) and that was it. Even the parking at the hospital was free! We have Blue Cross and the doctors and hospital are in our HMO.

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't think we paid anything. I think all of my pre-natal visits were free. Just like we don't have to pay co-pay for scheduled well-baby visits, I think the pre-natals were covered too. I seem to remember some kind of bill regarding the hospital, but I think it just showed how it was all covered.
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have an HMO, so we paid $15 for the first prenatal visit, $15 for the Level 2 ultrasound, and $200 for the hospital stay. All in all, not bad!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    19 months and counting!

lfp2n is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had to pay one $10 co-pay for all the PN visits,and a $100 hospitalization bill for the birth. Of course friends who were a few months behind me felt price increases on our insurance, now its $15 copay and $200 hospital.

Lucy DD 3/03

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, we got to the max. out-of-pocket expense level for DD's birth and the very end of my pregnancy. So, I know it was at least $1700 and then throw in maybe $100 during the previous year for stuff. I was always amazed when I received my Explanation of Benefits statements and it showed the "discount" that the insurance company got. Even though we spent over $1700, I shudder to think what it would have been without insurance.

mharling Guest

$10 copay if I was having an ultrasound in the dr's office, otherwise not even a copay for the regular OB visits. Nothing for the hospital. Definitely less than $50.

Mary
    Lane - April 2003
    Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

flagger Guest

We paid a co-pay for the initial OB visit, co-pays for prenatal vitamin perscriptions. We also paid an admission co-pay for both Ms. Flagger and a separate one for the baby.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't think that we paid a penny for the actual birth; our deductibles (two health plans) were already met and my insurance pays 100% after the deductible (a whopping $3,00)) is met.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast