Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Judegirl Guest

Default At what age did your baby hit 25 pounds?

Dd is just about 25 pounds, at not-quite 6 months old. I feel like this is enormous. Am I right? (Wanting to hear from parents of tiny babies too!)

TIA!
    Jude

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: At what age did your baby hit 25 pounds?

I guess it depends on a lot of factors- birth weight, height, etc. Brig was born 6lbs 12oz and hit 25 lbs. around 9 months (approx. 29in.) I'm pretty sure as long as dd is growing at a steady rate then she's fine! Plus, they slow down so much after a year. Enjoy those chunky thighs! Ds is thinning out and I miss them already!

jubilee Guest

My son was 9#9oz at birth, but just reached 25# around 17 months old. He is at 45% for weight, but 88% for height now. Tall and skinny like his daddy.

DS was around 24 lbs. at his 2 year appointment. He was also 34.5 inches. He was 7 lbs., 10 oz at birth.

ETA that my DS has consistenly been a peanut. He was 30% for his weight (a first since he has been consistenly been in the bottom 20, going as low as 9) and was 50% for his height. He eats like a horse, all day long. We are awaiting a growth spurt any day now because boyfriend has been packing on the calories... :)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

bluej Guest

B/w 15 and 18 months for all of my kids. I'm sure your DD will gain very slowly for the next several months and grow lengthwise and it will all even out. Caden was 22 lbs at 4 months (so I'm very familiar with the words 'enormous' and 'baby' being used in the same sentence!) and then he was 24 lbs at one year.

DD was 8lbs. 11oz. at birth and now she is just about 19 lbs. at 10 months.

Ana

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

It's all relative but in my world that's a shocker! My DS was just over 5 pounds, 19 inches at birth, 18 pounds at a year and 21 pounds and approximately 32 1/2 inches at almost 17 months.

Jenn
    DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Alex is about 19 lbs right now. I have a newphew born the same day as your DD who is about 25lbs as well, so maybe it's the date!

I can't get used to how big Alex is compared to my first. Alex is wearing the clothes Nick wore at a year.

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01/01
    & Alex 04/27/04

barbarhow Guest

They definately come in all different size packages. Jack was 7 lbs 10 oz at birth and now at 19 months is 21 pounds. He is 50-75th %ile in height and only 5th in weight. Tall and skinny. He eats like a horse lately-so I've just decided that he has his dadd's fast metabolism. I think that by around 2 or so most babies even out more. By the time kids are entering school they seem more evenly balanced. What does your doctor say?
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
    expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

Kieransmom Guest

I don't think my son hit 25 lbs until he was about 15 months old. However, My SIL had 3 very big babies. I know at 9 months her youngest was over 30 lbs and totally breastfed. He's 4 1/2 now and tall and thin. It really doesn't make much of a difference unless the reason why DC is that big is because you're feeding fries and burgers which I know you're not. :-) Don't worry! Unless the Ped is super concerned that it's something else don't sweat it!

Michelle
    Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast