Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Would you be upset?

Last Thursday I went in and had my progesterone tested again. The doctors office said that if they didn't call then everything was normal. Today I called to get them to call my progesterone supplaments into a new pharmacy. Later they called me back and said that they had pulled my labs and that my levels were still way below where they wanted them to be so they were going to double my meds. This is 5 days later! I was so shocked that I couldn't think to say anything at the time but now I am mad. I have still been bleeding some and cramping really bad. Those days on the increased meds could be the difference in my having a MC or not. I have an appointment for an US and new OB visit with the nurse tomorrow and I think I need to say something. I don't know what I will do if the results from tomorrow are bad. I think these nurses are to blame. What doctor gets lab results in and files them away without looking at them especially if they are off. I love my OB but this is the second time they haven't called me back with my labs. Should I swich doctors because the nurses are incompitent or just stick it out until we make it though these next few weeks? Are the pregnancy hormones causing me to overreact or would you be upset as well?
    Tara
    Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Would you be upset?

I'd be upset, especially since they told you if it wasn't all right, they'd call.

Happy birthday to Jackson, a day early!

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would definitely be upset and I would say something to the OB. Your hormones are not causing you to overreact. This is important stuff!

Happy early birthday Jackson!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes I'd be upset, and yes, I'd change doctors.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

I would be livid but am convinced that my last mc was because the nurse wouldn't get the DR on he phone for me to request a progesterone level...I do know the day I found out I mc was her last day!!!!

IF you like your DR my advice would be to jsut stay on their butt for your lab results...i don't like the "if they are abnormal we will call"...I want to know my result...so I would make it clear tomorrow to them that they should expect that from you from now on...

Keep us posted...big hugs
    Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
    * DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I would be extremely upset. If you love your OB, I wouldn't switch but I would keep on top of things. When I was pregnant, I know I annoyed the doctors + nurses but this didn't bother me. I figured a) I cared the most about this situation even if I hoped they cared too + b) there were people who called/checked in much more than I.

I hope everything goes well at your visit. At the very least, definitely relay your concerns.

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Jenn
    DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

I would be mad as hell. Make sure everyone knows that you're mad. Switch doctors if you aren't pleased with the doc, otherwise, do whatever you can to get the nurse fired! There's no excuse for incompetence. After I mc'd, my ob's nurse was fired, and I know that I was part of the reason why. I feel no guilt, in fact I'm happy that no other woman will have to go through what I did.
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Upset is an understatement. If you love your OB then I'd do as Neve suggests and just be extremely vigilant when it comes to things like this. I made the mistake of not doing so and ended up having to have emergency surgery.
    You are not overreacting- it's important to advocate for yourself!
    BTW- Happy Birthday to Jackson!!

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would be furious! I would definetly have a discussion with your OB about what you expect from them.... especially calling you with results that could make a difference in whether or not your baby makes it through the 1st trimester!!!!! You are NOT overreacting!

If you like your OB and want to stay then stand up for yourself and be heard! If you are not happy with your OB then I would start looking for a new one and when you do make the switch be perfectly honest why!

I love my OB and the staff in her office..... just this last appointment I got there late and someone else walked in after me but they took her back first. I didn't think anything of it cause if she was on time she should be seen... IMHO! Anyways they took me abck next and when my OB came into the room she thoroughly appologized that they had forgetten me somehow..... it honestly wasn't a long time but it felt good that she acknowledged their mistake! Things like that are the reason I stayed with my OB when she moved farther away from me... she is just a good doctor and surounds herself with good people/nurses etc!

Good Luck.... hope all is well and that the increase in Prog helps you out! HUGS

~Tondi
    MOmmy to Mason 7/8/01
    EDD of #2 5/5/05

I would be furious!!! What they did is just DANGEROUS to you and your child and they need to know. If it is the nurses fault then she must be disciplined accordingly. If you are too upset/hormonal/not good at words then I would write a letter to them. I feel like I express myself much better that way. If you really love your OB she needs to know your feelings. Her reaction can help you decide whether to switch or not.

I switched OB's/practices when I was almost 5 months pregnant and I am SO happy I did so.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast