hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Is anyone else having a Desparate Housewife kind of morning?

I got so mad when I remembered my show wasn't going to be on this evening... I know I'm only officially a housewife 20% of the time, but with DH gone yesterday all day at a football game, I felt I could claim it at least for the long weekend.

This morning I had to step back and laugh at myself. I was holding the dog's head over the toilet as he puked, with the hairdryer running in the sink where I had dropped it when I heard the dog start that wonderful retching noise, and with DS trying to figure out how to either get in on the action or drop his toys and books into the tub-- whichever he felt like that second. And there's water left in the tub from when I foolishly thought I could take a shower, bathe DS and maybe shave my legs for the first time in two weeks all in the same stretch of time. An empty hot water heater and a couple nicks later I was proven wrong.

DH was at the early church service this morning running the sound board, etc. He's smart enough that he figured out he should come home and get us in between services instead of making me drive separately. Thank heaven for small favors...

So, anyone else feeling desparate this morning?!
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

Default RE: Is anyone else having a Desparate Housewife kind of morning?

Your dog barfs in the toilet???? Wow, I am IMPRESSED!! I think you should bring him on Letterman ;) :P

I totally forgot it wasn't on tonight. That SUCKS.

BTW, brownies dramatically improve healing time in shaving nicks :P

hugs!!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh, what a morning you're having!

I am having a similar morning, except mine involves cat vomit and trying to clean up for an open house (someone buy our house, please!) after getting up with ds multiple times last night. I'm exhausted already!

Hope both our days improve!

~ deb
    Mommy to my sweet boy
    B born 12/03
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Yup-- I was complaining to my boss one day about the dog puking (he develops allergies to his food after a while, the vet thinks), and telling him how I could at least get the dog to the bathroom where it was easier to clean up off the tile. My boss joked that it'd be nice to train him to puke in the toilet. I realized the dog's tall enough, and next time I caught him, I dragged him over to the toilet, and it worked! As long as I catch him starting to be sick, I can usually drag him in to the bathroom and save myself some time with the Resolve :)

And you're right, brownies WOULD help. I may have to break out some mix this evening!
    Heather

The day got better for me-- how about you? Mine improved dramatically after a two hour nap this afternoon (thank you, DH!).

Hope you get a great lead on a buyer today!
    Heather

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, I did a little retail therapy during the open house, so that helped. It was all for DS, though.

Our agent said the open house went well and we will most likely get one offer in, maybe even two! Wouldn't that be nice?

~ deb
    Mommy to my sweet boy
    B born 12/03
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

I had a Desperate Housewife kind of afternoon: I realized mid-afternoon that I'd promised to bring cookies to something today (and dammit, I just realized that I left them at home! ^*&%#$%$$^@#!@!!!!), so I had to race around getting those together, DD got into the laundry basket and strewed everything around the house, and as we were trying to pick up the laundry I heard a *pop* from the stove...one of the baked potatoes exploded all over the inside of the oven (despite my poking it with a fork), which meant that the oven was now completely unusable and I had to go to "Plan B" for dinner as well as clean the oven.

I am so mad that I left the cookies at home.

Ellen