Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: How long can I stay dilated at three centimeters???

Jessica,
    My story is different from PPs. I dilated more each week after my first internal exam at 36 weeks. At my 39(39w 1day) week appointment I was about 4 cent. I went into labor the next day and was 5.5 cent when I got to the hospital. I delivered Gabrielle 5 days early and had a quick labor and delivery. So, your early dilation could mean that the little one could make a 2004 appearance.

Tori_s mom Guest

Well I was 2-3 cm from 36 weeks on. In week 39-40, my doc stripped my membranes. I got up to 4 cm. The night before my scheduled induction (week 41), I started having contractions. I was admitted at 6 cm. I was at ten and pushing about 4-5 hrs later. Unfortunately, after hours of pushing, I had to have a c-section. But I did make it all the way to ten cms without pitocin pretty quickly once the contractions started. Good luck with whatever baby decides to do!!!

Tasha

Tori (3/11/04)

Not sure re: your question. But just a little reassurance in case you do go soon: my second was born at 35 weeks and 6 days (so even a few days before you are now) and did really well! He was over 5 lbs. and left the hospital with me! : ) So "happy new baby" whenever baby decides to come.
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I went from 1 cm at 33 weeks to 4 cm at 36 weeks. By 36 weeks they were seeing me 2 times a week and were surprised each time I made it back into the office and started to push for me to be induced (I had a fast labor last time). They induced me at 37 weeks and after 2 hours on pitocin, nothing, nada. They borke my water and I went from 4 cm to 10 cm in twenty minutes and Meghan was out 4 pushes later.

Allison
    ~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

better news from me!! my schedule was:
    36 weeks-75% effaced
    37 weeks-90% effaced, -2 station
    38 weeks- 95% effaced, 2cms dialated, 0 station
    38 weeks, 6 days-delivered in 11 hours (did have some pitocin but went into labor on my own) with about 1/2 hour to 45 min of pushing
    i was 3cms when i got to the hospital.

also, i had major cramping and tons of braxton hicks from tuesday to saturday (schuyler was born on a sunday) and bloody show appeared on friday.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

cvharris Guest

>Jessica,
    >My story is different from PPs. I dilated more each week
    >after my first internal exam at 36 weeks. At my 39(39w 1day)
    >week appointment I was about 4 cent. I went into labor the
    >next day and was 5.5 cent when I got to the hospital. I
    >delivered Gabrielle 5 days early and had a quick labor and
    >delivery. So, your early dilation could mean that the little
    >one could make a 2004 appearance.
    >

This is almost exactly our story! Ben was born only 2 days early, though.

I guess you never know when they'll be ready to come out. :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

asha is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I was 100% effaced and 5 cms dilated for a little over 3 weeks. Every time I saw my doctor, she and the nurses in the clinic would go " Oh you are still pregnant?" It did seem like it was forever.

Finally one week before he was due DS was born. I was alseep till 1 at night. Then I woke up with very slight contractions. Went to the restroom. By then I was bleeding. So, woke up DH and got to the hospital at 1.55am. I was 9.5 dilated by then. The first thing I heard from the nurse was "Start pushing dear". Sure enough 2.34 DS was born. No time to think of epidural or anything else.

I agree with most of the pps though. Labor gets pretty simple after extended effacement and dilation.

Good luck!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2