Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default PG Update and news on Jackson...

I'm just now finally getting around to posting from our appt on Monday. Had 12 week US on Monday and the baby looks great! Very strong. I was actually measuring at 13 weeks whick goes along more with the date of my LMP. I am happy to report that I am FINALLY off the progesterone. YEA! I have orders to take it easy through the holidays but after that I can return to normal activity. Now I am finally convinced that we are having another baby and everything will be ok.

Poor Jackson also had a checkup on Monday with the ENT and the hole from when his tube fell out still had not healed after 3 months. We took him in for surgery this morning to do a fat graft on the ear. The doctor took fat from his ear lobe and patched the hole with it. Poor little guy was a trooper but now he is in a lot of pain and the packing in his ear and stiches are bugging him. He was under for 45 minutes and woke up sick and has remained sick throughout the day. I constantly remind myself that we are so lucky that it is nothing major but 4 surgeries in 2 years is a little much for me.

We decided to wait until after the first of the year to do his toe surgery again since it is so hard to recover from and we don't want him feeling bad over the holidays. If anyone has any good ideas as to how we can keep his ear both inside and out dry during a bath for the next 4 weeks feel free to let us know. I have no idea how to wash his hair and all of the blood and gross stuff around his ear without getting it wet and it really does need to be washed. I see a long night ahead of us and I've been up since 5:00 so I am off to take a nap. Wish us luck tonight! :)

Tara
    Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
    and Surprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png

amazz Guest

Default RE: PG Update and news on Jackson...

Tara--
    I'm so glad everything looks good with the baby!! Congrats!! I know that is a big relief to you.
    And big hugs to Jackson! It sounds like he has had a tough go of it. I don't have any advice except to just use a baby wash cloth. Kami hardly has any hair so that works for us not to drown her ears, but I'm sure it would be more difficult to wash Jackson's hair that way since he has much more of it.
    Enjoy your nap!

Angela
    Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
    A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

ismommy Guest

Glad the baby looks good and strong and that you will be able to resume normal activity soon.
    Hope Jackson feel better quick and you find a solution to hair washing
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know where they sell it but I know hospitals have this shampoo that you don't have to rinse. You just rub it in and dry it with a towel I guess. It's been a while since I used it. I'm sure nursing homes have the same thing, they or the hospital might be able to tell you where you could get a bottle or maybe even sell/give you a bottle. Good luck. I hope you both feel better.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

COElizabeth Guest

Tara,

I'm so happy things are looking good with Surprise baby! :)

Would those ear band things for swimming kids help? I bought some for my nephew who had tubes in his ears.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
    and Charlotte, 11-04-04

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tara - congrats on the healthy baby ultrasound! Sounds like you are well on your way! :) Sorry to hear that poor Jackson is having such a rough time of it - I hope he is feeling better soon. Take it easy and I will cross my fingers for you that things continue to go well.

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wonderful news about the baby, and I'm glad you can resume normal activities.

Hope Jackson is feeling better soon. What a sweet little trooper!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Congratulations, Tara. I'm so glad everything is going well for you with this pregnancy. =)

Jenn
    DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Tara, Glad it went well both with the ultrasound and the ear surgery for Jackson. I would clean around the ear with a damp sponge, washclothe or just baby wipes even. Hope you guys get some much needed rest tonight!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Tara, So happy to hear that things are looking good with your pregnancy. Hopefully you can enjoy the holidays a bit more now.
    But ugh...poor little Jackson. He's been through a lot. Hugs to him...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast