dramamama04 Guest

Default 3 month old and professional pics?

Can you take a 3 month old to get pictures taken? Can you really get a cute pose out of a baby so young? Or will it be better if I just take them myself until he gets older? If it is possible, where? TIA!

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: 3 month old and professional pics?

I took my 6-week-old to get photos taken, and again at 3 months, 6 months, 8 months and 12 months. We did get some cute shots at 3 months, but of course, the older they are and the better the photographer is, the more engaged the baby can be with the camera and the better the shots. We used the Picture People for most shoots and hired a fancy-schmancy studio photog for the ones taken at 8 months. They are, by far, the best, but also expensive. I view them as a once-in-an-infancy kind of thing.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

RwnMayfair Guest

I took Taran every month up until a year. (Except for four months, when we were overseas.) We have some cute pictures from every time, though the smiles obviously get bigger as he gets older. We did get lucky and have one of him smiling at one month. At three months, almost all of the pictures have him smiling except for the one of him sucking on his thumb and one other, and there were some nice poses. I was very happy with them, since they really portray "him". So you can definitely do it.

We get ours done at Sears, and I've always been happy with them. I've heard it depends on your Sears though - at mine, the ladies who work there are great and very friendly.

-Melissa

ETA: A word mistake that wasn't making any sense.

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif - Twelve months and counting!

amp Guest

We did! The pics were so cute! Jake was sitting up supported, so they basically prop him against something (we did our baby quilt draped over something he leaned on) and they have you stick your hand up through the back and hold them in place so they don't fall. We didn't get any smiles, but we did get some cute pics. We also got a few of him on his belly with his head up. Cute, cute, cute! We did them at 3, 6, 9, 12 & 18 mths.

suribear Guest

Do it.

You'll never be able to go back, and they do grow up fast! I'm planning to put up a series of framed pictures side by side, from 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. My friend did this for her three kids, and it is priceless :)

Kris

I get my girls' first professional pics done at 3 months. I always do the 'layin' on their tummy pushing up on their arms' pose. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

I would say DEFINITLY!
    When I had them done I thought that poor DD looked kindof cheesy, but now looking back, they are just precious! I am so glad I did them as she is 3 now and that newborn baby is a fading memory around here!
    Go for it, you wont regret it!
    Valerie
    Mom to DD (7/01), DS (3/03) and "brother" (7/08)

Absolutely! We had pro shots done of C at 2 weeks, 3 mos, 6, 9 and 12 mos. They are all great. We went with a lady who came to our house. This is a great time to do a "body parts" collage - have them take super close ups of individual body parts - feet, hands, belly, face, back of head, or whatever and put them into a multi-opening frame. Lori - momof3labs - posted a pic of one she did in the lounge and in the crafts forum if you want to see an example - should come up under a search! I think especially at this age, you get what you pay for so pics from a place like Sears may or may not turn out well, but they'll be a less expensive option.
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    Oh my!! #2 5/05