Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Do you tell your spouse if DC almost gets hurt in your care?

I lost track of Kai at playgroup today, and he wandered off, and I don't even want to discuss the dangers and where he almost went.

I fessed up to DH, although I originally thought I would not tell him. My original reasoning was, well, he *didn't* get hurt. But he could have. So I fessed up.

Would you have?
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Default RE: Do you tell your spouse if DC almost gets hurt in your care?

Yes, I do...Mainly because when it happened (I think once) I was so scared and mad at myself and wanted to unload and to be told that it was ok :(

e.

Yeah. There's nothing much about the kids I hold back unless you include Hanna orders ;)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We always tell each other--and believe me, we've both done some pretty *stupid* things. A couple of weeks ago, Ellie and I went to a birthday party at a swimming club (DH was out of town at a conference) and I accidentally locked her in the car. It was the most terrifying moment of my life (particularly b/c it was a 100 degrees outside)! Fortunately a lifeguard called 911 for me and the firefighters opened my car in record time! Ellie was fine (mercifully she slept through the entire ordeal).

I told DH as soon as I could--and informed him that we were now even for the time that Ellie got a black eye in his care ;)!

ETA: I don't mean to imply that DH gave Ellie a black eye! She fell while she was in his care (at Best Buy of course--his 2nd home, LOL).

mamicka is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, even though I know it makes him worry more. I just figure, I would want him to tell me in the reverse situation.

Yeah, it would help me feel better to get it off my chest. Anyway I figure we would both learn from the experience since we're new parents.

Yes, we share everything about DS. It helps the other person be more careful b/c we know what could happen.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

Definitely. When things like that happen, it'd be hard to act like nothing big happened that day.

I called DH hysterical about 5 minutes after he left one morning. DD was 4M old with her first cold. I went to get her in her room and as I was walking back to our room to nurse/sleep, I tripped on her travel swing. I was sure that I'd slammed her head into our hard floors. My knees took the brunt of the fall but, in the moment, I was almost incoherent with the fear that I had caused her *serious* injury on top of her not feeling well.

It's never been an issue of blame with us. Things are going to happen. We can't protect them 100%--that's a fact. We help each other learn and move on.

Elizabeth

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdo...y+child+is.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev035pb___.png
    Our second morsel due early February 2006!

Always. In fact, I usually call DH on the phone the second something happens. He does the same.

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I always tell DH partially because I tell him everything and partially because I want him to be on the look out for her to do the same stuff when he watches her. DD is a tiny dare devil and she is always finding new ways to scare the heck out of me.

A
    A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast