Default Easy way to re-size pictures to small squares (2-3 inches)?

My kids' baby books have spaces for snapshots from each month. They are little squares, though, and I don't know how to resize pictures in square mode.

I am a Mac user (need to join that new Yahoo group). I use iPhoto and Shutterfly, typically. I have Photoshop Elements but have never used it.

Are they any easy ways to this?

Thanks!
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

Default RE: Easy way to re-size pictures to small squares (2-3 inches)?

In Shutterfly, when you go to order a print, choose the option to fix/crop your photo, select the crop tab, and select the custom crop tool. There's an option for a square!

ETA: You're limited to print sizes of 4x6 or wallet in Shutterfly, which means your finished square will be approx 3.5x3.5 or really teensy. You could also crop in iPhoto, and take it to a local photo lab for more custom printing.

HTH!

-Ry,
    mom to Emma, s/b 11/04/04
    and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img]

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been really busy and hadn't had a chance to measure the exact rectangle size until now. It's roughly 2 1/4 X 3 -- which means that it's basically half of a 4 X 6 print.

SO, if there's an easy way to put two 2 X 3 images next to each other (using Photoshop Elements?) then I could upload to Shutterfly, print as a 4 X 6, I think that would work out. There might be a little space around my pictures in the "frame" in the baby book on the "2" side, but I think they'd basically look okay.

Is this easy to learn how to do with Photoshop Elements?
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

Buffys Mommy Guest

Lisa,

This should be easy to do in elements. I have Photoshop, but I think the techniques are similar.

Open a new 4x6 document in Elements. Then open one photo in Elements. Go to Edit, Image size, and change the size of the picture from 4x6 to 2x3. Then copy that picture and paste it in your new 4x6 document on one side. Do the same thing with the other picture. Save your new document and upload to Shutterfly. Don't save your changes to the individual pictures or you'll be stuck with smaller photos.

Tammie
    momma to Sarah 10/03

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You could also just print it in a wallet size in Shutterfly. The finished photos are 2x3. Each sheet of wallets (you get 4) is $1.89. I did this w/ the photos for Rose's birth announcements.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

Thanks--I'll give those ideas a try. I'll probably try the Photoshop one first, since it's much cheaper to print 4 x 6 prints than a set of wallets (and I have a total of 12 to print).

Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)