Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kensjen Guest

Default RE: Show and Tell Ideas -kindergarten/first grade

Some of the popular items were from vacations, unique items that the child would talk about and talk about the trip, etc.

Of course favorite books and toys were always popular too, I especially liked the books.

Random items like a lost tooth, baby bracelet from when child was at the hospital, photo from the last trip to the farm, Daddy's ID badge he has to wear at work, those kind of things are fun, too.

mapg is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

My daughter took a rock with a tiny fossil, some kind of shell thing that shows up pretty often. Our local zoo has a nature swap shop for the kids, bring in a rock, get something else, kids seem to think it is realy neat.
    MA

8isenough Guest

Our school traditionally has show and tell on Friday of every week. The teachers ask that we refer to the letter of the week. This week's letter was G. So we searched last night for just the right pictures of Grandparents.
    Last week was the letter A. We went to the local farmer's market and bought an apple for every child.
    I would be here for hours trying to remember what my kids have brought over the years. It isn't so much what they bring, it's the thought behind it and its importance to your child.

Stuffed animals, pictures, and food items are always good ideas. On days with difficult letters, I have had the kids make a picture of an item starting with that letter. This way they are also getting in some art time too and quality time with my husband or myself.

Sterling

My five year old will not entertain any suggestions at all, he just picks what he wants and I just go with it unless it would be inappropriate. They also hide it in a bag and give 3 clues. He picked a toy car for his first one, instead of my suggestion for cool coins given to him by his great grandfather, LOL.

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE Guest

Sterling I bet your home is fun!!!
    I'm just imagining how busy you must stay :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2