DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need advice re: Ebay and buyer not paying

I'm such a novice and am unsure about how to handle this situation.

I had an auction which ended Tuesday afternoon 9/13. The auction clearly stated that the buyer was to pay within 24 hours or the item would be relisted.

So the 24 hours went by and I heard nothing from the winning bidder. I sent him a message that evening reminding him of his need to pay. He sent a message back to me on 9/15 (so over a day later) instructing me to call HIM at a toll free number to arrange payment. Um, I don't think so. You pay me, then we talk. I sent him a message back pointing out the payment methods (which were clearly stated in the auction) and asking him to use one of them.

So now it's been 2.5 days since the auction ended and I got nothin'! At what point do I report him for non-payment? Should I just go ahead and relist the item/extend a second-chance offer? There were multiple bidders. What about feedback?

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Need advice re: Ebay and buyer not paying

You can't file a non-paying bidder claim until 10 days after the auction ends. But since he violated the terms of the auction, you can extend a second chance offer (which is what I would do, saves you the relisting fees, unless you think the price could go much higher next time).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009