Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    abigailsmom Guest

Default Mama in need... it is me

Sorry to bother, but I am having a breakdown tonight and I don't feel like I can keep it all together much more. (this, finals, motherhood (the only good thing in life!), holidays, etc) I just want to crawl in a hole and sleep until this whole mess if over!

As some of you will remember, I am going through a divorce. The longest freakin' divorce in history and not by my choice. x( My @$$hole soon-to-be-xh is putting me through H#ll right now and then...

My lawyer politely withdrew his services via mail today. WTF!!!! I did not even know that was possible. So long story short... I have signed the divorce papers, given them to the soon-to-be-x (STBX), and am waiting for him to sign so everything will be done in 30 days and my lawyer bailed. He did, however, remember to pay himself $1500 of the $2000 I paid him to start and FINISH my divorce. That was for meeting with my STBX and I one time, drawing up the separation papers, and drawing up a warranty deed. I could just scream!

What on earth do I do? I cannot afford another retainer fee, but my STBX cannot be trusted not to try and screw me out of everything including my baby. Anyone with comments, suggestions, prayers, etc. please feel free to share with me. I am feeling so alone and defeated right now!!!

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default RE: Mama in need... it is me

Robyn,

I don't have any advice, but I am so sorry you're going through this. You are not alone, and I know enough of you from these boards to know that you will NOT be defeated. You are strong and intelligent and you will make it through this horrible situation.

I'll be praying for you and for your sweet Abigail.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

phirey Guest

oh, sweetie,

(((hugs)))

I'm no lawyer, but I know tons of ladies on here are. Don't you live near Augusta? If so, Anna (pritchetzoo) is a lawyer here near Atlanta. Maybe she knows if what this guy did is legal. Seemto me the divorce is almost final, hopefully whomever you get to fill in the final blanks won't charge much. And if what the original lawyer did is illegal, or even fishy, I *think* you can complain about him to the state bar...

Hang in there, I know the holidays can be rough even without added stress. And why do schools all have to have their finals right when we don't need any more stressors? We'll all be pulling for you! Your tickers look great -- your little girl's growing, you're losing weight and you're close to graduation!

Robin,
    I'm so sorry! What a major pain in the butt--can your lawyer really get away with that? You are doing SUCH a wonderful job juggling everything. I can't even imagine how you are keeping it together. I don't have any helpful advice about the lawyer, but is there any family or friends who can step in and help out more during finals? You sound like you could use another set of hands!

You certainly have us as many second sets of ears! Sending you hugs and good wishes.
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

barbarhow Guest

Oh Robyn-I am so sorry. Divorce is hard enough without trying to deal with a lawyer who is a jerk. I know all about being screwed in divorce proceedings. My lawyer promised to get me the world and succeeded in getting me 50,000 in debts while charging me about 10,000 additional.I have no answers just alot of hugs and reassurance that one day soon it will be over with.
    Take care of yourself-have a good cry and remember-someone here probably has a voodoo doll-maybe we can hex both the STBX and your XL.

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
    and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh my, I'm so sorry you have gotten slammed with all of this right now of all times :( I don't have any advice but I want to say that I hope you can get the divorce wrapped up ASAP in a favorable manner...

Please take care. ((((HUGS))))).
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Well it is certainly possible for lawyers to quit but quiting after being paid seems to be fishy to me. Seriously, it would be like you buying furniture and never actually getting it delivered.

I am really sorry that all of this has happened to you. Is there a lawyer you could get through a resource for women?

After finals, do whatever it takes to get some of the sleep!
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh Robyn, so sorry you are going through such a crappy time. Is there a legal advice center near you that might be able to help. I don't have any advice sorry, just thinking of you and sending big hugs. Hope you get it all sorted out soon, take care of yourself.

abigailsmom Guest

Thank you! Your prayers for Abigail and I are just what the destraught Mama needs!!

abigailsmom Guest

I moved from N. Augusta, SC to South GA, but STBX lives in Atlanta. He got residency in GA in November and I will not have it until the end of July. Therefore, he either has to say that it is ok to file in Augusta (where my lawyer is) or we will have to file in Atl.

I am just heartsick at trying to figure out what to do without letting on the STBX that my lawyer is bailing on me. I e-mailed my lawyer and he said that if STBX will go along with filing in Augusta then he will finish it, but otherwise he is done. If my STBX finds thia out, he will drag this up to court in Atl. To say the least that would be inconvenient and costly for me.

Thank you for the hugs... they are needed and appreciated!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast