Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jen7 is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Holiday Gift for Daycare?

What do you give/have you given your daycare providers for the holidays? DS is in the infant room at a center with 3 regular teachers and one who "floats" in as needed. I'm not sure what people typically do, and don't know any of the other parents since we've only been there 2 months. Thanks!!

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Holiday Gift for Daycare?

maybe just bring in a tray of holiday cookies for the classroom, since you haven't been there long. Or a toy for the classroom?

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

LD92599 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm bringing a dozen bagels plus cream cheese & butter tomorrow morning! I was asking about this at work and someone overhead that used to work in a day care and quickly said to bring breakfast! So breakfast it is!

Laura
    mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
    [img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD attends a Mother's Day Out program two days a week. We got DD's teachers/caregivers Barnes and Noble giftcards. They loved them!

juliasmom05 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Since DD has been at daycare, she has had 4 regular teachers and several helpers. We gave each of the regular daycare providers Barnes and Noble gift certificates and also brought in cookies for all the helpers. But, I really like the idea of breakfast.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

barbarhow Guest

I am facing a similar dilemma. Jack has 2 teachers that I would like to get something for. Anna has a fulltime and a parttime worker. How do I do this without snubbing someone or breaking the bank. I was thinking I could either take in homemade muffins for everyone tomorrow with a box of coffee from DD but for some reason I feel like I want to get something special for everyone. It seems ridiculous to spend $80.00 to give everyone a $20 gift card but $10 seems cheap. Any thoughts? Sorry if this is a hijack-I was thinking of posting a similar question.
    Also-we are very rural. I know that in NY all gifts were about $. I am not certain that gifts around here are monetary at all and am not sure who to ask. TIA.
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
    and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

DD has 3 full time teachers and a floater. She is also in the infant room and has been there for almost 4 months. For the 3 full time teachers, I did a gift bag with a $20 gc to Bed, Bath and Beyond and a small Yankee candle. For the floater, I got a Yankee candle. Tomorrow is DD's last day until after the New Year(I start my vacation), so I had planned to bring in doughnuts for everyone. It's a small daycare and all the teachers are so wonderful. Although it was a bit on the costly side, I figured they are so great with my daughter that I wanted to get them individual gifts.

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i liked my neighbor's idea - she asked her daycare if they have a wish list. she got a couple sets of threading beads for them as a result.

marie
    mama to alexandra 9/03
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just took gifts in today... DS is in the toddler room, so that's 3 full time teachers and 2 floaters!

I picked up some Burt's Bees lotion samplers from MamaSwap at a great price. I also ordered a $20 or $25 gift basket from Wine Country Gift Baskets (not sure how big it was, but it looked nice for the price in the catalog/online). And then we added $5 (float) or $15 (full time) Bath and Body Works gift cards.

It still added up, but I don't have time to bake goodies, and as another mom pointed out to me, there are 15+ kids in the class (15 "full-time- equivalents"), and if every kid gives even a $5 gift card, it will add up to a lot. I didn't want to leave the floats out -- one is there every evening, and I usually get DS near the end of their day... And I think they can find something in that store for $5 or $15...

I'm sure other parents in his room are giving way more, but it's what we were comfortable with giving this year...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

Last year I gave "movie" gift baskets. I gave a gift certificate to Blockbuster and some "movie" candy and popcorn in a popcorn bucket (also purchased at Blockbuster). You could expand how much you spend pretty easily.

This year I am giving lotion (etc.) from Bath & Body Works.

Taking in breakfast or lunch would also be a nice idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast