Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Combo birth announcement/happy new year card???

I know I'm not the only one due at the beginning of the year (or end of this year for that matter). I am too tired to try to get Christmas cards/pictures out, but was thinking I would do a combo birth announcement/happy new year card. I'd like to do a photo collage announcement but don't know of any websites that offer this type of product. Does that even sound like a good idea? Or would you do a birth announcement/Valentines card? Or a combo birth announcement/happy holidays card? Two separate is just too much for me right now & I know it'll be too much with a newborn. Someone must know of a good website right??? please
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

Default RE: Combo birth announcement/happy new year card???

No resources for you, but I think you could skip the holiday greeting and just do a birth announcement. Or you could do it with a holiday card; I think Happy New Year's is the holiday most commonly recognized with a card. To get some ideas, look at some of the other holiday card threads. I was really impressed with the wording in ashleyfogins card, which took an element from her photos (child holding hands) and worked it into a beautiful holiday greeting. Maybe you could do something similar linking the news of the birth with the holiday greeting.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Sarah1 Guest

I'd keep it simple and just do a nice birth announcement with an enclosed picture of your babes. I don't think you need to tie it into a holiday.

I'm due the same time as you, and we're skipping the holiday card altogether and just sending a birth announcement. It's too much to try to do two separate ones, and as a Christmastime baby myself, I want to keep the baby's birthday separate from any holiday.

You can make a photo collage yourself with Photoshop (or similar) and then just have prints made.

-Ry,
    mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
    and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a HEALTHY BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img]

juliasmom05 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have never used them before but here is a site that does combo announcement/holiday cards.

http://www.purplestork.com/combined-cards.html

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used Purple Stork for my announcement, I highly recommend them! If you're trying to save $$, she offeres a design only service as well, and you can go get your own prints from her design.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Thanks for the ideas. Purplestork looks cute but they are closed until after the 1st. I'm a bit anal & wanted to get on this now. lol But if I don't find anything I'll definitely check back with them. I did contact Mangoink (the site Mariana used) & they said they could do a combo & I could customize all the wording. I think I'll check back with them too. :) I'd sure like to have something in the works before this little girl arrives cause it took me like 2 months to figure out what I wanted with DD#1 & even then I wasn't too excited about the card. I didn't have a clue you could do picture ones then (I know...pathetic). ;)
    ~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm due 1/3/06. We did Valentine's day cards last year, and I plan on doing the same this year.

We will probably stick 2 different photo cards (announcement & Valentines cards) in the same envelope.

Probably not totally on point with the etiquette books, but our mailing list is about 200 people, so there's no way we'll send out 2 separate mailers. Too much work and too expensive.

I plan on making my cards with Photoshop or hiring one of the very talented, creative BBB mamas here to help me out. I'll have them processed just like regular 4x6 photos at Costco.

Lydia
    Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
    One on the way, due 01/03/06

I would love to be creative enough to do one myself but I'm afraid it'd just be a disaster....my artistic ability is next to nothing. And I'm definitely not sending out that many cards! Whoa, that's a ton of work. ;) I was only planning to do about 40-50. Who on the BBB makes cards? I'd hate to bother anyone with it but I am curious.
    ~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Rashmi (papal), Juliet (jec2), Alpana (pixelprincess) - there may be others...I can't remember.

Those are the mamas I remember at the moment.

Rashmi helped us last time, and I couldn't have been more pleased!

Lydia
    Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
    One on the way, due 01/03/06